Property Ownership

Report Illegal Dumping

To report illegal dumping on railroad property, call the Amtrak Police National Communication Center at 1-800-331-0008 or send a text to APD11 from a smartphone or 27311 from a standard cell phone.

Report Excess Vegetation

To report excess vegetation on railroad property, call the Amtrak Hotline at 1-800-USA-RAIL.

We own and manage real estate within the territories in which we operate. If you're interested in purchasing or leasing land from Amtrak, selling land to the railroad or managing utilities, or developing land or natural resources on railroad property, Amtrak Real Estate can help.

Property & Track Ownership Research

It is recommended that you obtain current property ownership information from local sources typically used for this purpose. Due to the high volume of requests, we recommend outside parties research ownership through external resources or local title companies.

To request maps of railroad right-of-way and station grounds, contact Amtrak Property Control at 215-349-7010 or If your request is related to litigation, you must contact the Amtrak Law Department at 215-349-4994. Amtrak does not provide deeds or information on such documents. You must research at your county assessor’s office or hire a surveyor to research title.

When contacting Amtrak Property Control, the following information must be provided:

  • Description of what you are requesting and what you will use the map for.
  • City, state and county of requested area.
  • Nearest railroad mileposts and railroad subdivision.
  • The original railroad company name, before it was sold, abandoned, retired, etc.
  • Your company name, address, city, state, zip code, phone number and e-mail address.
  • Name of Amtrak contact, if you are working with one.
  • Name of government agency, if working on a project with one (not as a subcontractor).

A fee may be associated with your request.