Amtrak RideReserve for Multi-Ride Tickets
Coming September 14, 2020
Amtrak is leading the way by setting a new standard of travel with enhanced safety measures. In an effort to simplify and safeguard the travel experience, several measures have been integrated into every part of the customer journey — from time of booking to the moment of arrival. We continue to evaluate current practices and launch new initiatives to support personal safety.
With our newest program — Amtrak RideReserve — all passengers traveling with monthly, ten-ride or six-ride tickets will be required to confirm their intended trip on reserved services through Amtrak.com, the Amtrak app or an Amtrak agent prior to boarding. This allows us to enforce physical distancing, to ensure a seat onboard for each passenger and to account for every passenger traveling with a multi-ride ticket prior to boarding; thus ensuring you have the safest and most comfortable journey possible.
We’ll also be able to improve our communications with multi-ride ticket holders to help you plan your travel in advance, with email, text and push travel notifications like gate and track notifications, delay notifications, schedule changes and disruption notices.
Making an Amtrak RideReserve confirmation is easy — just follow these four simple steps:
Find a Trip
Purchase a multi-ride ticket, retrieve your ticket and click "Find Trains."
Pick a Date
Pick a travel date and
select a direction of travel.
Choose a Trip
Select the train you plan to take from the trip options and click "Confirm."
View your RideReserve confirmation. You're now ready to board.
- Effective for travel beginning September 14, 2020.
- Amtrak RideReserve confirmations can be made through Amtrak.com, the Amtrak app or an Amtrak Agent.
- You can have up to two confirmations per travel day; once in each direction.
- You can make confirmations as early as 14 days prior to your departure date or as late as your scheduled departure time through Amtrak.com or the Amtrak app; or until your actual departure time via an Amtrak agent.
- Only required on reserved services.
- Seats may not be available on all trains at all times.
- Your Multi-Ride ticket does not entitle you to travel without a RideReserve confirmation.
- If you don’t use RideReserve to make your confirmation prior to boarding a train, you will be considered an unticketed passenger and current Amtrak Carriage of Passengers terms apply.
Passwords are case sensitive, should be at least 10 characters long and should include 1 uppercase and 1 lowercase alpha character, 1 number and 1 special character. ! " # $ % & ' ( ) * + , - . / : ; < = > ? @ [ \ ] ^ _ ` < | > ~
Enter the email address or member number associated with your account. We will send password reset instructions.
An email with password reset instructions is on the way.
That answer wasn’t correct either. We’ve sent you an email with instructions to reset your password instead.