Multi-Ride Tickets & Rail Passes
Multi-Ride Tickets, which allow you to take multiple trips using one ticket within a set amount of time, are available on many of our short-distance routes.
The monthly ticket is valid for unlimited travel between the origin and destination stations you select, and all stations in between, for an entire calendar month.
The six-ride Downeaster College Pass (for students only with college/university ID) is valid for a 365-day period on Downeaster trains between Boston - North Station, MA and Brunswick, ME.
The ten-ride ticket is valid for ten rides within a 45-day, 60-day or 180-day period depending on your origin and destination stations.
Review your ride history
When you purchase your monthly and multi-ride tickets on Amtrak.com or the Amtrak app, you'll have access to your ticket's usage history. Just retrieve the information using your reservation number with either your e-mail address or phone number used in the reservation. Then you'll be able to see a summary of the number of rides you have left, in the case of six- and ten-ride tickets, along with expanded information like the date, time and service used for each trip.
You can also review the number of rides remaining on your six- and ten-ride tickets by scanning your eTicket at any Quik-Trak kiosk.
For Which Routes Can I Purchase Tickets?
Multi-Ride Tickets are available for travel on many routes, but restrictions vary by route, destination and time of day. Multi-Ride Tickets may not be used on long-distance trains, certain segments of short-distance trains or Acela Express trains. View Multi-Ride Restricted Trains
||Newport News - Richmond - Washington, DC - New York - Boston|
||Harrisburg - Philadephia - Nwe York|
||Boston (BON) - Brunswick (BRK)|
||New York - Albany - Rensselaer|
||Chicago - Milwaukee|
Illinois Zephyr, Carl Sandburg
|Chicago - Galesburg - Quincy|
||Chicago - St. Louis|
|Missouri River Runner
||St. Louis - Kansas City|
||Chicago - Carbondale|
||Chicago - Detroit - Pontiac|
||Chicago - East Lansing - Port Huron|
||Chicago - Grand Rapids|
||Okalahoma City - Fort Worth|
||Portland - Eugene|
||Seattle - Mt. Vernon - Bellingham|
||San Francisco/Oakland - Fresno - Bakersfield - Los Angeles|
||San Jose - Oakland/San Francisco - Sacramento - Ashburn|
||San Luis Obipo - Santa Barbara - Los Angeles - Orange County - San Diego|
||Charlotte - Greensboro - Raleigh - Rocky Mount|
||Charlotte - Raleigh|
How Do I Purchase a Multi-Ride Ticket?
- Amtrak.com: You can purchase Multi-Ride Tickets on Amtrak.com. A major credit or debit card is required.
- Amtrak App: You can purchase Multi-Ride Tickets on the mobile app. A major credit or debit card is required.
- Amtrak Stations: Multi-Ride Tickets can be purchased at Amtrak station ticket offices. Please be aware that not all Amtrak stations have ticket offices.
- Quik-Trak Kiosks: Many Amtrak stations are equipped with Quik-Trak, our self-service ticketing kiosk. Avoid waiting in line by using Quik-Trak to make your Multi-Ride Ticket purchase. A major credit or debit card is required.
- By Phone: Call 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245) to speak with a customer service representative to have a Multi-Ride Ticket mailed to you at home or at work. You must call every time you want a new ticket mailed. Allow at least 10 days before your first intended travel date.
- Multi-Ride Tickets are not available for purchase onboard trains.
Are Multi-Ride Tickets Refundable?
Are Multi-Ride Tickets Transferable?
No. Multi-ride tickets may only be used by the passenger whose name is on the ticket.
However, on the following routes only, more than one person may use a ten-ride ticket at one time. The person named on the ticket must be one of the passengers traveling and all passengers must travel together.
- Pacific Surfliner
- Amtrak Cascades (Eugene, OR - Portland, OR only)
- Heartland Flyer
Hint: Check your caps lock as passwords are case sensitive. Passwords should be at least 10 characters long and include 1 uppercase and 1 lowercase alpha character, 1 number and 1 special character. ! " # $ % & ' ( ) * + , - . / : ; < = > ? @ [ \ ] ^ _ ` < | > ~
Enter your account email address to receive password reset instructions.
Thank you. An email with password reset instructions is on its way.
That answer wasn’t correct either. We’ve sent you an email with instructions to reset your password instead.