Amtrak Permit Process
Requests for Temporary Permits to Enter Upon Amtrak Owned or Controlled Property (PTE) must be submitted in writing and include the following information:
- Name of company requesting the permit (include address and telephone number)
- Name of person the permit should be addressed to
- Permittee's email address
- Exact location of work (including railroad milepost if known)
- Specific work activity being performed on railroad property (provide precise dollar value of the contract if work being performed is other than surveys or bridge inspections)
- Projected duration of work being performed on railroad property
- Contact, phone and address where invoices should be sent for payment by Permittee
Temporary permits for performing any environmental or geotechnical tests or studies (e.g., air, soil or water sampling) may be issued subsequent to completion of Amtrak’s environmental review and approval process. Requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Depending on the site specific circumstances, a separate site access agreement that addresses environmental liability issues may be required prior to any temporary permit.
The subject line of your email request must show the following information in this order: state, city, contractor name and a brief scope of work (survey, bridge inspection, bridge repairs, etc.)
All contractor employees who will work on railroad property are required to complete Amtrak’s Contractor Safety Orientation Training prior to entry on railroad property. The contractor must coordinate all access with the local Amtrak Construction representative.
Due to the heavy volume of requests for Temporary Permits to Enter Upon Amtrak Property, the processing time for initial permit requests is approximately 30 business days.
Where to Submit Your PTE Request
National Railroad Passenger Corporation
30th Street Station, Mailbox 64
2955 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Amtrak Guest Rewards
Passwords are case sensitive, should be at least 10 characters long and should include 1 uppercase and 1 lowercase alpha character, 1 number and 1 special character. ! " # $ % & ' ( ) * + , - . / : ; < = > ? @ [ \ ] ^ _ ` < | > ~
Enter the email address or member number associated with your account. We will send password reset instructions.
An email with password reset instructions is on the way.
That answer wasn’t correct either. We’ve sent you an email with instructions to reset your password instead.