Travel Agent Resource Center
Amtrak is pleased to support travel agents in the sale of the Amtrak products.
The following Amtrak booking channels are available to travel professionals:
- AAA.Railagent.com — Available to AAA travel agents.
- Amadeus.Railagent.com — Available to Amadeus agents.
- AmtrakTour.Railagent.com — International Travel Agents & International Tour Operators.
- TLN.Railagent.com — Available to members of the Travel Leaders Network.
- Amtrak.Railagent.com — Available to Apollo, Sabre and Worldspan travel agents.
- Any of the B2B corporate booking tools.
Amtrak is very pleased to offer the opportunity to learn about the Amtrak system through a special travel agent discount (AD75).
Effective November 1, 2013, Amtrak will pay base commission only to Amtrak National Account Partners — currently Travel Leaders Network and AAA.
Travel Agents cannot exchange or refund tickets issued by Amtrak. However, eTickets that have been produced through their booking tool can be.
Does Amtrak offer travel at a reduced rate for agents?
Amtrak is pleased to offer travel agents the opportunity to learn about the Amtrak system through a special travel agent discount, the Travel Agency Familiarization program (AD75). Employees of ARC-approved travel agencies with a valid IATAN card can experience train travel at 75% off the full one-way fare.
Can I accept an Amtrak voucher for payment?
Amtrak “Exchange Vouchers” are not ARC accountable documents. A passenger in possession of an Amtrak Exchange Voucher must redeem the voucher at an Amtrak ticket office.
Do I receive a commission if I book a reservation online?
Reservations made on Amtrak.com or over the phone are not eligible for commission. Amtrak pays 8% commission on long distance trains for agents who are TLN members or AAA National Account Partners, as well as tickets issued via travel agent websites provided by RailAgent.
I am a brand new travel agency, how do I sell Amtrak tickets?
There are several options available for travel agencies that wish to sell Amtrak tickets:
- Amtrak Vacations — Agencies can sell Amtrak tickets and earn commission on reservations booked and ticketed through Amtrak Vacations, where one call does it all: 1-800-268-7252 or, 1-978-712-2560 for international inquiries.
- Travel Leaders Network — Agencies that are part of the TLN consortium have access to the TLN RailAgent travel agent website to sell Amtrak. Contact the Travel Leaders Network for more details.
How does an international travel agent or tour operator sell Amtrak tickets?
Amtrak RailAgent enables international travel agents and tour operators to offer Amtrak as a part of your clients' "Visit USA" itineraries. Some of the benefits of Amtrak RailAgent include:
- Live connectivity to the Amtrak reservation system
- Commission for agents and operators
- Quick registration process
- User-friendly web access
- Accessible worldwide
- Tickets on departure
- Extensive information
- Instant confirmation by email
Can I accept an Amtrak Gift Card or Transportation Certificate as payment for Amtrak tickets?
At this time, travel agents cannot accept an Amtrak gift card as a form of payment. Amtrak gift cards can be used online, in the app, by phone or in the station.
Travel Industry Program Support (TIPS)
Travel Agents Only: 1-800-TEL-TRAK (800-835-8725)
Please use this number for making changes to reservations.
Travel Agents Only: 1-800-525-2550
Please use this number for assistance with technical support questions and information on current Amtrak promotions.
Customer Relations Department
To speak with Amtrak Customer Relations, please phone our Contact Center and ask for the Customer Relations Desk.
Group Department (Reservations for 20 or More Passengers)
Passwords are case sensitive, should be at least 10 characters long and should include 1 uppercase and 1 lowercase alpha character, 1 number and 1 special character. ! " # $ % & ' ( ) * + , - . / : ; < = > ? @ [ \ ] ^ _ ` < | > ~
Enter the email address or member number associated with your account. We will send password reset instructions.
An email with password reset instructions is on the way.
That answer wasn’t correct either. We’ve sent you an email with instructions to reset your password instead.