Travel Agent Discounts (AD75)
Amtrak is very pleased to offer the opportunity to learn about the Amtrak system through a special travel agent discount (AD75). This special Agent Discount is 75% off the full one-way rail fare and/or applicable accommodation charges. Travel agents that work for an agency that currently sells Amtrak through an approved travel agent distribution channel (GDS, Amtrak Railagent, and RailEurope) are eligible for AD75 rates.
The AD75 discount does not apply to companions. When a travel agent is accompanied by other individuals, they must book two separate PNR’s - one for themselves and another for the rest of their party. These reservations will be cross-referenced. If an accommodation is involved, the sleeper should be booked under the agent’s PNR to take advantage of the AD75 discount. Companions must be booked on an “open” segment whenever sharing an accommodation.
AD75 travel requests must be submitted in writing, a minimum of three days prior to travel. Reservations, as well as travel, cannot be made more than 20 days in advance; this includes return travel. Requests are handled via e-mail at email@example.com. When submitting your request, please provide the following information:
- Amtrak PNR (reservation number) made through your booking channel.
- The agency's A.R.C. / IATA number
- The 10 digit Verification (VER) number from the IATAN membership card or office IATAN list.
AD75 Fares Blackout Dates
Due to the anticipated high volume of travelers, Amtrak is not able to offer AD75 travel on the following dates:
November 22 - 23, 2016, November 26 - 28, 2016, December 21 - 24, 2016, December 26 - 30, 2016, January 1 - 2, 2017, February 17 and 20, 2017, April 13 - 14, 2017, April 17, 2017, May 26 and 29, 2017, September 1 and 4, 2017, October 9, 2017, November 21 - 22, 2016, November 25 - 27, 2017, December 22 - 24, 2017, and December 29 - 31, 2017.
Not valid for sleeper travel: May 22 - September 7, 2017
AD75 Fares Blackout dates are the same as above with the following peak restrictions:
Not valid 12:01am – 8:59 am Monday through Friday and 2 pm – 5:59 pm Monday through Friday
Auto Train AD75 Fares Blackout Dates
April 3, 2015 April 6, 2015 and December 22 - 24, 2015
Amtrak reserves the right to amend AD75 blackout dates as needed to meet consumer demand. Availability and other restrictions apply.
How is AD75 Eligibility Determined?
The number of discounts available to each ARC-appointed travel agency will be awarded based upon the net rail sales produced by the travel agency in the prior fiscal year, as shown in the table below.
|Fiscal Year 2013 Net Rail Sales
||Number of Familiarization Trips
|$50,000 - $99,999||8|
|$20,000 - $49,999||6|
|$10,000 - $19,99||4|
|$5,000 - $9,999||3|
|$1,000 - $4,999||2|
|Less than $1,000||1|
Who is Eligible to Book AD75 Travel?
Travel agents who are full time employees of an accredited travel agency and have been employed at least three consecutive months can qualify for reduced travel. The agency must issue paper tickets.
What is the Procedure for Booking AD75 Travel?
Qualified travel agents are requested to make their own reservations through their booking system. Then send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting approval. When submitting your request, please provide the following information:
- The Amtrak PNR (reservation number)
- The agency’s A.R.C. / IATA number
- The 10 digit Verification (VER) number from your IATAN membership card or office IATAN list.
Additional Rules and Regulations
- Reservations cannot be made more than twenty days prior to travel. Please note for round trips, the twenty day submission period is based upon the return date.
- Trip can be one-way or round-trip.
- Multiple trips on one reservation are prohibited.
- Travel on the Acela Express (both Business Class and First Class), Auto Train, Business Class on Regional service and in sleeping accommodations is limited to one trip per year.
- One travel agent can travel per authorization; there are no companion discounts.
- Travel blackout dates apply.
- Tickets must be generated through the travel agency.
- Travel agents and owners must utilize their specific allotment based upon their sales for each specific office; authorizations are not transferable from agency to agency.
- Travel agents using the AD75 rate cannot earn Amtrak Guest Rewards points.
Where Can Travel Agents Get Assistance with Booking through their GDS?
Travel agents can call the Travel Agency Support Desk at 1-800-525-2550 for assistance with booking formats, pricing and ticketing. Our trained representatives can walk you through the booking process.
Hint: Check your caps lock as passwords are case sensitive. Passwords should be at least 10 characters long and include 1 uppercase and 1 lowercase alpha character, 1 number and 1 special character. ! " # $ % & ' ( ) * + , - . / : ; < = > ? @ [ \ ] ^ _ ` < | > ~
Enter your account email address to receive password reset instructions.
Thank you. An email with password reset instructions is on its way.
That answer wasn’t correct either. We’ve sent you an email with instructions to reset your password instead.