RideReserve Program Begins for Multi-Ride Customers on Reserved RoutesEffective September 14, 2020
Amtrak is leading the way by setting a new standard of travel with enhanced safety measures. In an effort to simplify and safeguard the travel experience, several measures have been integrated into every part of the customer journey — from time of booking to the moment of arrival. We continue to evaluate current practices and launch new initiatives to support personal safety.
With our newest program — Amtrak RideReserve — all passengers traveling with monthly, ten-ride or six-ride tickets will be required to confirm each of their intended trips on reserved services through Amtrak.com, the Amtrak app or an Amtrak agent prior to boarding, effective September 14. This allows us to enforce physical distancing, to ensure a seat onboard for each passenger and to account for every passenger traveling with a multi-ride ticket prior to boarding; thus ensuring you have the safest and most comfortable journey possible.
We’ll also be able to improve our communications with multi-ride ticket holders to help you plan your travel in advance, with email, text and push travel notifications like gate and track notifications, delay notifications, schedule changes and disruption notices.
Terms and Conditions for Confirming a Trip
- Confirmation is required prior to boarding any reserved train/Thruway bus.
- Confirmations are allowed as early as 14 days prior to departure or as late as scheduled departure through Amtrak.com or the Amtrak app, or until actual departure via an Amtrak agent.
- Up to two confirmations per travel day, once in each direction.
- Confirmations must be made between the origin and destination selected while purchasing the pass.
- Not available on sold out trains.
- Rides will continue to be deducted from your multi-ride ticket when the ticket is scanned onboard. Amtrak RideReserve confirmations do not deduct rides from your multi-ride ticket.
- Passengers with a disability, customers who want to upgrade and customers who want to carry on additional items will continue to book a reservation through an agent.
- Applies to customers that purchased multi-ride tickets prior to and after September 14.
Canceling a Trip
- Amtrak RideReserve confirmations may be canceled through Amtrak.com, the Amtrak app or an Amtrak agent until actual departure without penalty.
- Current multi-ride ticket refund rules will continue to apply.
Ten-Ride tickets are no longer transferable on the Heartland Flyer and Amtrak Cascades to support physical distancing.