Passenger Discount for Military Children
Children of Military Personnel Save an Additional 10%
Dependent children (ages 2-12) of active-duty US military personnel are eligible to receive one-half the Adult Military fare. The person accompanying the dependent child does not have to be a person traveling at the military fare.
You must present a valid active-duty United States Armed Forces identification card.
- The military discount does not apply to non-Acela Business class, First class or sleeping accommodation. These upgrades are permitted upon payment of the full accommodation charges.
- The military discount is not valid for travel on certain Amtrak Thruway connecting services.
- The military discount is not valid on the Canadian portion of services operated jointly by Amtrak and VIA Rail Canada.
- The military discount does not apply to persons in the Reserves, ROTC personnel, dependents of retired or deceased personnel, military of other countries than the United States, and persons whose Military ID form 1173 contains the letters "Ret" or "Dec" in the lower left-hand corner.
- The military discount may not be combinable with other discount offers; refer to the terms and conditions for each offer.
- Additional restrictions may apply.
- See details and travel restrictions about the child passenger type.
Traveling with Car Seats
Child car seats cannot be secured to any seats onboard Amtrak trains or buses. Passengers traveling with an infant/small child in a child car seat may place the seat in a vacant seat only if it is not needed for a paying passenger; children under 2 years of age may be required to ride on the passenger’s lap and the child car seat stored in an appropriate baggage area.
Passwords are case sensitive, should be at least 10 characters long and should include 1 uppercase and 1 lowercase alpha character, 1 number and 1 special character. ! " # $ % & ' ( ) * + , - . / : ; < = > ? @ [ \ ] ^ _ ` < | > ~
Enter the email address or member number associated with your account. We will send password reset instructions.
An email with password reset instructions is on the way.
That answer wasn’t correct either. We’ve sent you an email with instructions to reset your password instead.