Government Rail Travel Discount
Federal Government Business Travel Just Got Easier With a Better Deal — Nationwide
Amtrak offers federal government employees discounted fares for business travel within the Northeast Corridor, as well as discounts for business travel on Coach fares nationwide. To receive the Federal Government discount, reservations must be booked through a federal employee’s travel management company or corporate booking tool and may not be booked on Amtrak.com. For more information, contact AmtrakGovernmentTravel@Amtrak.com.
In the Northeast Corridor
Travel between 70+ stations using the Northeast Regional, Keystone and Acela service with a 5% discount across each fare type in relevant markets.
No More Refund Worries
We’ve removed the refund rules from our federal government fares, so your reservation is now fully refundable when booked through approved channels, provided your reservation is canceled prior to departure.
- Cancel your reservation through Amtrak.com, the Amtrak app, by calling us at 1-800-USA-RAIL, or with an Amtrak Station Agent. Cancellations made prior to departure will be refunded 100%.
- No shows/no-cancellations will be forfeited.
Setting a New Standard of Travel
Amtrak is leading the way by setting a new standard of travel with enhanced safety and cleaning measures. Learn more about what we're doing to ensure a safe environment on your journey with Amtrak.
Included Amtrak Services
- Federal government travelers will find discounted fares available across the country on coach fares.
- Business Class, Private Rooms or other upgrades are excluded from the Amtrak Federal Discount Program but are available to book as upgrades. Refund rules for those upgrades will apply.
- The Canadian Maple Leaf service offers the Federal Discount through Niagara Falls, NY.
- Discounts apply to all dedicated Amtrak Thruway bus services. Dedicated means Thruway services contracted by or operated by Amtrak. Where non-dedicated Thruway busses are available (i.e., Greyhound), the discount will not apply.
Benefits to Amtrak Rail Travel
- Get to Your Destination Faster
Amtrak trains offer city center to city center service.
- Accomplish More
Complementary WiFi and electrical outlets allow you to continue to work while traveling.
- Take Advantage of Flexible Scheduling
Mix and match coach and Acela schedules while traveling within the Northeast Corridor.
- Ride Comfortably
Enjoy more seat and leg room, the ability to move around, access to Lounge Cars.
- Environmentally-Friendly Long Distance Travel
Amtrak is focused on delivering safe and reliable service to our customers and we’re evaluating ways to improve operations in the face of changing climate conditions across the national network.
- Loyalty Program
Join to start earning points toward travel, hotels, car rentals and more.
Why should I choose Amtrak for my travel?
- Amtrak’s commitment to keeping you safe — enhanced and more frequent cleaning on train and in stations.
- All Amtrak trains are equipped with onboard filtration systems with a fresh air exchange rate every 4-5 minutes.
- Electrical outlets at each seat allow you to work or relax.
- Generous baggage policy.
- Freedom of movement while traveling.
- Lounge Cars offer food and beverages.
- City center to city center service in most areas. Avoid the hassle, time and expense of parking and finding next step transportation to your destination.
- Quiet cars on each Northeast Corridor train.
- More seat and leg room.
- No refund fees.
For more information, contact AmtrakGovernmentTravel@Amtrak.com.
Passwords are case sensitive, should be at least 10 characters long and should include 1 uppercase and 1 lowercase alpha character, 1 number and 1 special character. ! " # $ % & ' ( ) * + , - . / : ; < = > ? @ [ \ ] ^ _ ` < | > ~
Enter the email address or member number associated with your account. We will send password reset instructions.
An email with password reset instructions is on the way.
That answer wasn’t correct either. We’ve sent you an email with instructions to reset your password instead.