Discounts for Passengers with Disabilities and Companions
Amtrak offers a 10% rail fare discount to adult passengers with a disability. Passengers with a disability travelling on Downeaster trains (Boston, MA to Portland, ME) are eligible for a 50% discount. Child passengers with a disability are eligible for the everyday 50% child discount plus an additional 10% off the discounted child's fare, regardless of the service on which they travel.
Amtrak also offers a 10% discount for persons traveling with a passenger with a disability as a companion. Those designated as a companion must be capable of providing the necessary assistance to the passenger with a disability.
You must provide written documentation of your disability at the ticket counter and when boarding the train. Acceptable documentation includes:
- Transit system ID card for persons with a disability
- Membership card from a disability organization
- Letter from a physician
- Medicare card, if under 65
- Veteran's Administration ID with “Service Connected”
- Disabled/Accessible parking placard issued by a state Department of Motor Vehicle (photocopy is acceptable).
- May not be combinable with other discount programs; refer to the terms and conditions for each offer or ask your reservations sales agent for further details about restrictions.
- On the Auto Train, only passengers traveling with their own wheeled mobility device (wheelchair or scooter) qualify for the passengers with disability discount.
- Additional restrictions may apply.
Amtrak Guest Rewards
Passwords are case sensitive, should be at least 10 characters long and should include 1 uppercase and 1 lowercase alpha character, 1 number and 1 special character. ! " # $ % & ' ( ) * + , - . / : ; < = > ? @ [ \ ] ^ _ ` < | > ~
Enter the email address or member number associated with your account. We will send password reset instructions.
An email with password reset instructions is on the way.
That answer wasn’t correct either. We’ve sent you an email with instructions to reset your password instead.