About Your Amtrak Tickets
Evidence of Fare Paid
Tickets are evidence of fare paid and must be surrendered for cancellation or inspection by any conductor or authorized carrier representative.
Tickets Are Valid:
- Between the stations listed on the ticket.
- For the class of service and accommodations listed on the ticket.
- Within the validity period stated on the ticket.
- Subject to other conditions as stated on the ticket.
Tickets Are Void if:
- They bear alterations or erasures.
- Passenger receipt is detached.
- Presented for passage by any person(s) other than the individual or party for whom they were originally purchased, unless authorized by fare code rules.
Lost, Stolen or Destroyed Tickets
Your Tickets Have Value
Please safeguard your tickets as you would cash. Amtrak is not liable for lost, stolen, misplaced or destroyed tickets.
Tickets Required for Travel
You cannot travel on lost tickets. To be able to travel, you must repurchase your tickets.
Refund for Lost Tickets
You may apply for a refund for lost or destroyed tickets. To do so, please download, print out, complete and sign the Lost Ticket Refund Application Form. Please mail the completed form to the address indicated on the form. You may not apply for a refund online.
Lost Ticket Receipt Requests
If you have lost your ticket stub you may request a ticket receipt copy by calling Amtrak at 1-800-USA-RAIL and ask for the refund department. A $20.00 fee will be assessed per reservation and a credit card is required to complete the transaction. The ticket receipt copy will be faxed or mailed to you.
- You may submit an application for refund up to one year from the purchase date of the lost tickets.
- You must provide ticket numbers for lost tickets. For this reason, we suggest you write down your ticket numbers when your first purchase your tickets.
- We charge substantial service charges and refund fees to make refunds for lost or destroyed tickets.
- Not all tickets are eligible for refund.
- Applications for refunds for lost tickets are held for five months from the date of receipt before processing.
Additional terms and conditions apply. Please download and refer to the Lost Ticket Refund Application Form for details.
Hint: Check your caps lock as passwords are case sensitive. Passwords should be at least 10 characters long and include 1 uppercase and 1 lowercase alpha character, 1 number and 1 special character. ! " # $ % & ' ( ) * + , - . / : ; < = > ? @ [ \ ] ^ _ ` < | > ~
Enter your account email address to receive password reset instructions.
Thank you. An email with password reset instructions is on its way.
That answer wasn’t correct either. We’ve sent you an email with instructions to reset your password instead.