Easy-Booking Tips for Long-Distance Travel
Vacations by Rail Made Easy
Planning and booking your long-distance travel has never been easier. Map out your travel routes or browse our complete list of train routes to explore your travel destinations in North America.
Travel Along One or More of the Famous American Train Routes
Make the best out of your rail vacation and ride on multiple Amtrak routes for a complete experience of long-distance train travel. Follow the storied path of the City of New Orleans down the Mississippi from Chicago to The Big Easy. Or, ride the mighty Empire Builder from Chicago to Seattle, through America's great northern plains. Some other famous routes include:
- The Coast Starlight: Experience the comfort and relaxation of train travel while witnessing spectacular West Coast scenery as you travel between Los Angeles and Seattle on the Coast Starlight. From the snow-covered peaks of the majestic Cascade Mountains to shimmering Pacific Ocean vistas, this is one of the most majestic rail journeys available.
- The Southwest Chief: Discover the natural beauty of the American West when you travel across the mighty Mississippi through eight states on the Southwest Chief between Chicago and Los Angeles. Keep your camera handy to capture the spectacular sunsets and pristine vistas you can only see from the train.
- California Zephyr: Experienced travelers say the California Zephyr is one of the most beautiful train trips in all of North America. As you climb through the heart of the Rockies, and further west through the snow-capped Sierra Nevadas on your way between Chicago and San Francisco, you may find it hard to disagree.
- Capitol Limited: Enjoy an all-American journey between America's picturesque heartland and the majestic monuments nation’s capital as you travel in style between Chicago and Washington, D.C. Instead of driving a car, taking a plane or bus, hop onboard and enjoy this unique view of Americana from your picture window.
Make the Most of Your Rail Journey
No matter where you're going, we are here to help you get the most out of your rail journey:
- Guide to Fares
- Sleeping Options
- Seating Options
- Tips for Successfully Booking Your Trip
- Pre-Departure Checklist
- Meal and Dining Options Aboard Amtrak
Hint: Check your caps lock as passwords are case sensitive. Passwords should be at least 10 characters long and include 1 uppercase and 1 lowercase alpha character, 1 number and 1 special character. ! " # $ % & ' ( ) * + , - . / : ; < = > ? @ [ \ ] ^ _ ` < | > ~
Enter your account email address to receive password reset instructions.
Thank you. An email with password reset instructions is on its way.
That answer wasn’t correct either. We’ve sent you an email with instructions to reset your password instead.