Extra Safety Precautions at New York Moynihan Train Hall at Penn Station
Moynihan Train Hall is the New Home of Amtrak in New York City
Amtrak has expanded its passenger services into the new Moynihan Train Hall, located directly across from New York Penn Station at 8th Avenue in the historic James A. Farley Post Office Building.
Your train’s arrival and departure in New York City will remain unchanged. However, Moynihan Train Hall is the new location for boarding your train. When disembarking the train in NYC, platform signage will direct you to exit into either Moynihan Train Hall or Penn Station.
Moynihan Train Hall is closed overnight from 1-5 am. Trains depart from Penn Station during these hours.
The safety of Amtrak’s customers and employees is our top priority. We’re excited to welcome our customers onboard, and we want to share the measures that we have implemented in New York - Moynihan Train Hall at Penn Station to keep our customers and employees safe on your upcoming trip.
While Amtrak passengers and employees are no longer required to wear masks while on board trains or in stations, masks are welcome and remain an important preventive measure against COVID-19. Anyone needing or choosing to wear one is encouraged to do so.
Customers should follow CDC recommendations and requirements for travel and should not travel if currently experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, if they have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 5 days or if meeting public health criteria for quarantine.
Additionally, the Amtrak app now sends train status updates and boarding gate information for your train right to your phone. Download the Amtrak app and feel free to wait for your train wherever you feel most comfortable - in the station or outside.
Extensive 24/7 Cleaning
- Moynihan Train Hall is closed from 1-5 am every night to allow for a complete disinfection of the entire station.
- Cleaners are working throughout the day to disinfect high-touch surfaces, including public restrooms and the ticketed waiting area..
Arriving at the Station
- To reduce crowding inside the station, we recommend arriving at the station no more than 30 minutes before your scheduled departure, or 60 minutes if you have checked baggage or need assistance.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout Moynihan Train Hall.
- We have boards displaying gate and track info throughout the station, so you have plenty of space to spread out while waiting for boarding information. We’ll also continue to make boarding announcements through the loudspeakers.
- Boarding will start 15 minutes in advance of your train’s departure. We’re limiting bookings to reduce capacity onboard to help maintain CDC recommendations for physical distancing, so feel free to take your time boarding.
- Priority boarding has been suspended. However, if you need additional time to board, let an Amtrak representative know and they will be happy to assist you.
- Boarding will be conducted through all possible boarding gates, reducing crowding through multiple access points.
- All passengers traveling with monthly, ten-ride or six-ride tickets will be required to confirm their intended trip on reserved services through Amtrak.com, the Amtrak app or an Amtrak agent prior to boarding. This allows us to ensure a seat onboard for each passenger and to account for every passenger traveling with a multi-ride ticket prior to boarding; thus ensuring you have the safest and most comfortable journey possible.
Learn more about what we are doing to ensure a safe environment on your journey with Amtrak.
Passwords are case sensitive, should be at least 10 characters long and should include 1 uppercase and 1 lowercase alpha character, 1 number and 1 special character. ! " # $ % & ' ( ) * + , - . / : ; < = > ? @ [ \ ] ^ _ ` < | > ~
Enter the email address or member number associated with your account. We will send password reset instructions.
An email with password reset instructions is on the way.
That answer wasn’t correct either. We’ve sent you an email with instructions to reset your password instead.