Extra Safety Precautions at New York Moynihan Train Hall at Penn Station
The safety of Amtrak’s customers and employees is our top priority. We’re excited to welcome our customers onboard, and we want to share the measures that we have implemented in New York - Moynihan Train Hall at Penn Station to keep our customers and employees safe on your upcoming trip.
Per federal law and Amtrak policy, all customers and employees must wear a face mask or covering that fully covers the entire mouth and nose, fits snugly against the side of the face, and secures under the chin at all times while onboard and in stations, even if state or local policies are different. Neck gaiters, open-chin triangle bandanas, face shields, and masks containing valves, mesh material or holes of any kind do not qualify as acceptable face coverings. Face masks can be removed briefly while actively eating, drinking or taking medication. Children under 2 years old are not required to wear a face covering. Refusing to wear a mask is a violation of federal law; passengers may be subject to penalties under federal law, denied boarding, removed from the train and banned from future travel in the event of noncompliance.
Before traveling on Amtrak, make sure that you have reviewed any advisories or restrictions that may be in place for travel to your destination. Learn more about state-specific travel restrictions.
Additionally, the Amtrak app now sends train status updates and boarding gate information for your train right to your phone. Download the Amtrak app and feel free to wait for your train wherever you feel most comfortable - in the station or outside.
Extensive 24/7 Cleaning
- Moynihan Train Hall is closed from 1 - 5 am every night to allow for a complete disinfection of the entire station.
- Cleaners are working throughout the day to disinfect high-touch surfaces.
- Public restrooms in the Ticketed Waiting Area are closed every two hours to allow for a full disinfection.
Arriving at the Station
- To reduce crowding inside the station, we recommend arriving at the station no more than 30 minutes before your scheduled departure, or 60 minutes if you have checked baggage or need assistance.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout Moynihan Train Hall.
- We have boards displaying gate and track info throughout the station, so you have plenty of space to spread out while waiting for boarding information. We’ll also continue to make boarding announcements through the loudspeakers.
- Capacity has been reduced in the Metropolitan Lounge (formerly ClubAcela) for our customers’ safety. See the Customer Service Representative at the front desk for more details.
New Boarding Process to Allow Physical Distancing
- Boarding will start 15 minutes in advance of your train’s departure. We’re limiting bookings to reduce capacity onboard to help maintain CDC recommendations for physical distancing, so feel free to take your time boarding.
- To promote physical distancing and ease the boarding process, priority boarding is being suspended. However, if you need additional time to board, let an Amtrak representative know and they will be happy to assist you.
- Boarding will be conducted through all possible boarding gates, reducing crowding through multiple access points.
- To allow all customers to distance themselves from each other onboard, and to ensure a seat for and account for every passenger, monthly, ten-ride and six-ride multi-ride ticket holders will need to confirm each trip (train and date) prior to traveling on reserved services, ensuring the safest and most comfortable journey possible.
Moynihan Train Hall is the New Home of Amtrak in New York City
Amtrak has expanded its passenger services into the new Moynihan Train Hall, located directly across from New York Penn Station at 8th Avenue in the historic James A. Farley Post Office Building.
Your train’s arrival and departure in New York City will remain unchanged. However, Moynihan Train Hall is the new location for boarding your train. When disembarking the train in NYC, platform signage will direct you to exit into either Moynihan Train Hall or Penn Station.
Passwords are case sensitive, should be at least 10 characters long and should include 1 uppercase and 1 lowercase alpha character, 1 number and 1 special character. ! " # $ % & ' ( ) * + , - . / : ; < = > ? @ [ \ ] ^ _ ` < | > ~
Enter the email address or member number associated with your account. We will send password reset instructions.
An email with password reset instructions is on the way.
That answer wasn’t correct either. We’ve sent you an email with instructions to reset your password instead.