Family Room vs. Bedroom Suite: What's the Difference?
Whether you’re a nuclear or found family of four (or a quartet on tour), you have travel needs to keep the whole gang together. That’s why Amtrak offers two private room options for your adventuring party. Read on to learn the difference between the Family Room and Bedroom Suite private rooms.
What Is Included with the Family Room?
The Family Room is a type of private room on Amtrak trains that is specially designed for families with children. The VIP treatment begins even before you settle into your room with complimentary lounge access at major stations and priority boarding.
Family Room Amenities:
- Complimentary meals for each occupant
- First Class personal room attendant assisting with turn down service, coffee and bedding
- Newly upgraded bedding, towels, and linens
- Seating for four including two reclining seats (all converting to four beds)
- Two big picture windows to enjoy the view
- Electric outlets to power your devices the moment you arrive
- Fold-down table
- Reading lights
- Climate control
- Space for 2-3 suitcases
- Private restroom and shower access in the train car
Family Room Amenities:
The Family Room comfortably accommodates two adults and two children (aged 2-12), which makes it an excellent choice for families traveling with children.
What Is Included with the Bedroom Suite?
The Bedroom Suite is composed of two-adjoining private bedrooms on Amtrak trains that's built to accommodate up to 4 adults, offering even more private amenities and space than the Family Room.
- Everything in the Family Room listed above
- In-Room private sink and vanity
- In-Room private toilet and shower
The Bedroom Suite can accommodate up to four people, which makes it an excellent choice for couples with older children or an adventurous group of four adults.
|Type of Room||Capacity||In-Room Toilet||In-Room Shower|
|Family Room||2 Adults and 2 Children||None||None|
|Bedroom Suite||4 Adults||2||2|
Take a tour of the private rooms and learn more about their perks on our room details page.
Passwords are case sensitive, should be at least 10 characters long and should include 1 uppercase and 1 lowercase alpha character, 1 number and 1 special character. ! " # $ % & ' ( ) * + , - . / : ; < = > ? @ [ \ ] ^ _ ` < | > ~
Enter the email address or member number associated with your account. We will send password reset instructions.
An email with password reset instructions is on the way.
That answer wasn’t correct either. We’ve sent you an email with instructions to reset your password instead.