Amtrak Alerts Information and updates affecting travel
- Carolinian and Piedmont Service: Track Work Affects Service
- Effective October 2 - 24, 2017
- Discounted Fares Will No Longer Be Sold Aboard Carolinian Trains 79 and 80 and the Piedmont 73, 74, 75 and 76 Trains
- Effective June 5, 2017
As one of the original 13 colonies, North Carolina boasts a rich history that is evidenced in sites such as the revolutionary Alamance Battleground in Burlington, and the first U.S. gold mine, outside of Charlotte. But North Carolina has so much more to offer than history. Take the kids to the North Carolina Transportation Museum, featuring a beautifully preserved 37-bay locomotive roundhouse and 100-foot turntable. Or enjoy a cultured evening in Raleigh at the symphony or ballet.
Business Class on the Carolinian
Enjoy an enhanced travel experience in Business Class on the Carolinian and you'll have access to exclusive amenities such as:
- Fully refundable ticket if canceled prior to departure
- 25% point bonus for Amtrak Guest Rewards members
- Dedicated car with service attendant
- At-seat pillow
- Complimentary non-alcoholic beverages
Carolinian Trainside Checked Bicycle Service
Don't let your bike sit at home while you have all the fun — take it with you on your next Carolinian train trip and explore North Carolina car-free. This service is only available at select stations and advance reservations are required. See the full details.
North Carolina Volunteer Train Hosts
North Carolina Volunteer Train Hosts serve daily on the Carolinian and Piedmont, assisting passengers and providing information about rail passenger service and points of interest within North Carolina.
Features & Amenities
Amenities vary by train.
Downloadable menus are updated regularly, but menu items and prices are subject to change and may be different from what is available onboard.
Take your small dog or cat along with you on the train. Before you go, learn more about the types of pets allowed, pet reservations and fares, approved pet carriers and additional details.
Before it was Virginia’s capital, Richmond was the Confederacy’s capital. Learn about this history and more at the American Civil War Museum. Stroll along Monument Avenue and the other tree-lined streets of the historic Fan District to admire lovingly maintained late 19th and early 20th century grand homes.
Explore the James River Park System by bike, foot, kayak or canoe or admire the masterpieces of the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Fulfill your need for speed at the NASCAR Hall of Fame. Find inspiration at the Billy Graham Library or in the works of Miró, Picasso, Warhol and Ernst at the Bechtler Museum of Modern Art.
Take a horse-drawn carriage tour of the historic Fourth Ward’s grand Victorian homes before dining out amid the city’s booming dining scene that has earned Charlotte a top spot on Zagat’s list of Hottest Food Cities.
- New York, NY - Penn Station (NYP)
- Newark, NJ - Penn Station (NWK)
- Newark, NJ - Liberty International Airport (EWR)
- Metropark, NJ (MET)
- New Brunswick, NJ (NBK)
- Princeton Junction, NJ (PJC)
- Trenton, NJ (TRE)
- Cornwells Heights, PA (CWH)
- North Philadelphia, PA (PHN)
- Philadelphia, PA - 30th Street Station (PHL)
- Wilmington, DE (WIL)
- Newark, DE (NRK)
- Aberdeen, MD (ABE)
- Baltimore, MD - Penn Station (BAL)
- Baltimore, MD - BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI)
- New Carrollton, MD (NCR)
- Washington, DC - Union Station (WAS)
- Alexandria, VA (ALX)
- Fredericksburg, VA (FBG)
- Richmond, VA - Staples Mill Road Station (RVR)
- Petersburg, VA (PTB)
- Rocky Mount, NC (RMT)
- Wilson, NC (WLN)
- Selma-Smithfield, NC (SSM)
- Raleigh, NC (RGH)
- Fayetteville, NC (FAY)
- Dillon, SC (DIL)
- Florence, SC (FLO)
- Kingstree, SC (KTR)
- Charleston, SC (CHS)
- Yemassee, SC (YEM)
- Cary, NC (CYN)
- Southern Pines, NC (SOP)
- Hamlet, NC (HAM)
- Camden, SC (CAM)
- Columbia, SC (CLB)
- Denmark, SC (DNK)
- Savannah, GA (SAV)
- Jesup, GA (JSP)
- Jacksonville, FL (JAX)
- Palatka, FL (PAK)
- DeLand, FL (DLD)
- Winter Park, FL (WPK)
- Orlando, FL (ORL)
- Kissimmee, FL (KIS)
- Tampa, FL - Union Station (TPA)
- Lakeland, FL - To/from Points South (LKL)
- Lakeland, FL - To/from Points North (LAK)
- Winter Haven, FL (WTH)
- Sebring, FL (SBG)
- Okeechobee, FL (OKE)
- West Palm Beach, FL (WPB)
- Delray Beach, FL (DLB)
- Deerfield Beach, FL (DFB)
- Fort Lauderdale, FL (FTL)
- Hollywood, FL (HOL)
- Miami, FL (MIA)