Amtrak Alerts Information and updates affecting travel
- Special Inauguration Travel Advisory - Service Changes Due to Washington, D.C., Travel Restrictions
- Monday, January 18, 2021, 11:00 AM ET
- Service Adjustments Due to Coronavirus
- December 3, 2020, 3:00 pm ET
As one of the original 13 colonies, North Carolina boasts a rich history that is evidenced in sites such as the revolutionary Alamance Battleground in Burlington, and the first U.S. gold mine, outside of Charlotte. But North Carolina has so much more to offer than history. Take the kids to the North Carolina Transportation Museum, featuring a beautifully preserved 37-bay locomotive roundhouse and 100-foot turntable. Or enjoy a cultured evening in Raleigh at the symphony or ballet.
Business Class on the Carolinian
Enjoy an enhanced travel experience in Business Class on the Carolinian and you'll have access to exclusive amenities such as complimentary non-alcoholic beverages, a fully refundable ticket if canceled prior to departure, a 25% point bonus for Amtrak Guest Rewards members.
Features & Amenities
- Café Car
- Checked Baggage Service (Piedmont only)
- WiFi available onboard both Piedmont and Carolian trains
Amenities vary by train.
Downloadable menus are updated regularly, but menu items and prices are subject to change and may be different from what is available onboard.
Take your small dog or cat along with you on the train. Before you go, learn more about the types of pets allowed, pet reservations and fares, approved pet carriers and additional details.
Before it was Virginia’s capital, Richmond was the Confederacy’s capital. Learn about this history and more at the American Civil War Museum. Stroll along Monument Avenue and the other tree-lined streets of the historic Fan District to admire lovingly maintained late 19th and early 20th century grand homes.
Explore the James River Park System by bike, foot, kayak or canoe or admire the masterpieces of the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Fulfill your need for speed at the NASCAR Hall of Fame. Find inspiration at the Billy Graham Library or in the works of Miró, Picasso, Warhol and Ernst at the Bechtler Museum of Modern Art.
Take a horse-drawn carriage tour of the historic Fourth Ward’s grand Victorian homes before dining out amid the city’s booming dining scene that has earned Charlotte a top spot on Zagat’s list of Hottest Food Cities.
- New York, NY - Penn Station (NYP)
- Newark, NJ - Penn Station (NWK)
- Trenton, NJ (TRE)
- Philadelphia, PA - William H. Gray III 30th St. Station (PHL)
- Wilmington, DE (WIL)
- Baltimore, MD - Penn Station (BAL)
- Washington, DC - Union Station (WAS)
- Alexandria, VA (ALX)
- Quantico, VA (QAN)
- Fredericksburg, VA (FBG)
- Richmond, VA - Staples Mill Road Station (RVR)
- Petersburg, VA (PTB)
- Rocky Mount, NC (RMT)
- Wilson, NC (WLN)
- Selma-Smithfield, NC (SSM)
- Raleigh, NC - Union Station (RGH)
- Cary, NC (CYN)
- Durham, NC (DNC)
- Burlington, NC (BNC)
- Greensboro, NC (GRO)
- High Point, NC (HPT)
- Salisbury, NC (SAL)
- Kannapolis, NC (KAN)
- Charlotte, NC (CLT)