Pack Your Car and Take the Auto Train
Experience the Auto Train between Washington, DC and Orlando, FL
The best way to drive I-95? Don't. Load your stuff in your car, load your car on the Auto Train and let the train take the strain. Say goodbye to the congestion and stress of the interstate, unwind, relax and actually enjoy your journey.
A New Auto Train Experience
By 2020, we'll be introducing several changes and enhancements to the Auto Train customer experience. Here are some of the new things you can expect:
For sleeping car customers: an enhanced experience
- More availability of every type of sleeping car accommodation: Roomette, Bedroom, Family Bedroom and Accessible Bedroom
- Upgraded bedding, towels, linens and other pleasantries added to every room
- Introduction of a new sleeping car menu for dinner and breakfast
- The addition of complimentary red or white wine to the dinner service
- Complimentary meals offered exclusively for sleeping car customers beginning 1/15/20
For Coach customers: a new dining experience and low fares
- The debut of the Cross-Country Café for Coach customers (beginning 1/15/20), offering an expanded café menu, fresh offerings for sale and a festive environment during the trip
- One-way fares for Coach remain low — starting at $89 + the cost of your vehicle
- Expanded Share Fares now includes Auto Train on select departures, offering discounted travel up to 35% for small groups
For all customers: food trucks will be on-site in Lorton and Sanford for all departing customers to provide a wider variety of options
Boarding & Vehicle Requirements
Auto Train customers have the option to check in without physical tickets. Our Auto Train eTicketing allows you to check in, board and travel with only your reservation confirmation document and government-issued ID.
Whether you stretch out in a Coach seat or reserve a private room onboard, you can relax and leave the driving to us. The Auto Train is equipped with two-level Superliner cars and five room types to meet your needs. Take a closer look and make the most out of your trip.
Meals and Dining
Meals are included in the price of all Auto Train tickets, in any class. In the Dining Car, enjoy a delicious dinner, including vegetarian dishes, special meals for the kids and a continental breakfast. And you can always get some tasty snacks from the Café Car between meals.
Don't forget to pack your devices and stay connected when you travel on the Auto Train with free basic WiFi service courtesy of Amtrak WiFi. Stay productive, or simply sit back and have some fun while en route to your destination.
Kids Ride Half Off
With this everyday deal, children ages 2 - 12 can get a 50% discount on the lowest available adult rail fare. And infants under two ride free. With this kids deal, a trip on the Auto Train means more fun and less stress on your wallet.
The Auto Train Route
Leave the worries of long-distance driving behind and enjoy a stress-free journey by rail. Learn everything about Auto Train, from schedules, amenities, to dining and café menus.
Passwords are case sensitive, should be at least 10 characters long and should include 1 uppercase and 1 lowercase alpha character, 1 number and 1 special character. ! " # $ % & ' ( ) * + , - . / : ; < = > ? @ [ \ ] ^ _ ` < | > ~
Enter the email address or member number associated with your account. We will send password reset instructions.
An email with password reset instructions is on the way.
That answer wasn’t correct either. We’ve sent you an email with instructions to reset your password instead.