Buy Train Tickets to New York City
New York City’s Train Station Essentials
Located in the bustling heart of Manhattan, Moynihan Train Hall at New York Penn Station is the Northeast corridor gateway to a national network of trains connecting the continental United States and Canada.
- Complimentary WiFi
- Metropolitan Lounge with private conference rooms, private restrooms, expanded complimentary food and beverage offerings, and dedicated customer service agents
- Dedicated customer waiting area and lactation lounges for nursing mothers
- Easy connection to the NYC Subway system
- A few steps from Madison Square Garden and Macy’s Herald Square
Amtrak’s Northeastern hub connects passengers not only to major cities in New York and to the surrounding states of New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania and Massachusetts, but from coast-to-coast as well. Popular destinations from New York by train also include Florida, Chicago, and Washington, DC.
Take a look at the full list of Amtrak's Northeast train routes for the essential details on amenities, accommodations, menus, local guides, route highlights and much more.
Ready to go right now? Buy train tickets to New York City above, from the Amtrak app, at an Amtrak kiosk or from a ticketing agent at any Amtrak station.
Sample Fares to New York City
- Advance purchase is required a minimum of fourteen (14) days prior to travel.
- Fares subject to availability.
- One child age 2 - 12 may accompany each adult at half fare.
- Valid for coach seats only; no upgrades permitted.
- Not combinable with any other discount offer.
- Fares, routes and schedules are subject to change without notice.
- Once travel has begun; no changes to the itinerary are permitted.
- Other restrictions may apply.
Plan Your Trip to New York City and Save with These Discounts and Deals
Amtrak ticket deals can range from saving on business and coach class seats for booking early, buy one get one free ticket sales on select routes, discounted rates for traveling to major occasions around the country like Pride celebrations or sporting events, and so many more great deals that come and go throughout the year. Even without deals and promotions, an Amtrak train to New York City can cost as little as $10 (e.g. from New Rochelle, NY).
To save on your Amtrak travel to New York City:
More Ways to Save
Take the Train to New York City on Amtrak and Experience a Better Way to Travel
When it comes to having a great trip, the travel experience can make a world of difference. That’s why Amtrak is committed to being more than just your mode of transportation from point A to point B. Our unique offerings are dedicated to giving you a better way to travel. Ditch the middle seats and hidden fees of plane travel and leave your car trip and gas price worries at home.
the sights and sounds of America and enjoy sleeping and eating at your leisure.
America’s historic landmarks and national parks and step right onto the center of major cities.
wide seats, legroom, WiFi, power outlets and space for everything you can’t leave home without.
time, money and the environment with better energy efficiency than driving or flying.
Plan your train travel to New York City and beyond and book your Amtrak tickets today.
Passwords are case sensitive, should be at least 10 characters long and should include 1 uppercase and 1 lowercase alpha character, 1 number and 1 special character. ! " # $ % & ' ( ) * + , - . / : ; < = > ? @ [ \ ] ^ _ ` < | > ~
Enter the email address or member number associated with your account. We will send password reset instructions.
An email with password reset instructions is on the way.
That answer wasn’t correct either. We’ve sent you an email with instructions to reset your password instead.