Discount Information for Children
Make memories and save money when you take the kids on a journey they’ll never forget. They'll experience the wonder of the train, while you enjoy a trip without baggage fees or traffic.
One child ages 2 - 12 is eligible to receive a 50% discount on the lowest available adult rail fare on most Amtrak trains with each fare-paying adult (age 18+). If any additional child per adult will be traveling, reservations must be made for that child as an “Adult” and the full adult fare will be charged.
Infants Ride Free
One child under the age of two, not occupying a seat, may ride free with each fare-paying adult (age 18+). Additional infants can be booked as a “Child” and receive the 50% discount (if available) or as an “Adult” (if the Children's fare is not available).
Child and infant discounts are automatically applied when adding travelers to your booking – No Promo Code needed. Book your trip today
- Passengers 12 years of age and younger must travel with an adult passenger who is at least 18 years old.
- Children traveling alone are not entitled to a children's discount.
- Not valid on weekday Acela trains.
- Does not apply to non-Acela Business Class, First Class or sleeper accommodation charges. These upgrades are permitted upon payment of the full accommodation charges.
- Not valid for travel on certain Amtrak Thruway connecting services.
- Additional restrictions may apply.
Learn more about the Booking Limits for Number of Passengers per Transaction.
- Children age 12 and under may not travel unaccompanied. They must travel with another person who is at least 18 years old.*
- Children 13, 14 and 15 years old may travel as unaccompanied minors only under certain conditions.
- Reservations for unaccompanied minors cannot be made on Amtrak.com.
- Additional rules and restrictions apply.
*Exception: A minor who is 16 or 17, who is a parent to children of any age, may bring those children without restriction. The 16- or 17-year-old must bring proof that he or she is the parent of the children.
Passwords are case sensitive, should be at least 10 characters long and should include 1 uppercase and 1 lowercase alpha character, 1 number and 1 special character. ! " # $ % & ' ( ) * + , - . / : ; < = > ? @ [ \ ] ^ _ ` < | > ~
Enter the email address or member number associated with your account. We will send password reset instructions.
An email with password reset instructions is on the way.
That answer wasn’t correct either. We’ve sent you an email with instructions to reset your password instead.