Travel for Less on the San Joaquins
Buy One and Save 50% on up to Five Companion Fares
Grab your friends and family and hop onboard the San Joaquins. It’s the stress-free and traffic-free way to travel throughout California's Central Valley. Sit back, relax and enjoy each other’s company as we whisk you through California’s premier agricultural region bordered on the west by the coastal mountain ranges and on the east by California's magnificent Yosemite, Kings Canyon, Sequoia, and Death Valley National Parks.
To receive this discount, select "Adult" in the Passenger Type for all passengers to receive the fare (Child and Senior included).
Booking tip: Fare discount will automatically apply when booking from this page or applying code V302 on the Amtrak app.
For sale through April 29, 2024.
For travel Through April 30, 2024.
Before it was a bustling state capital, Sacramento was a stop on the Pony Express. Relive the city’s pioneer spirit in Old Town and Sutter’s Fort State Historic Park, or explore the Capitol building’s classic architecture.
Enrich your railroading adventure by exploring the beauty and brawn of the locomotives and coaches that forged the Golden State’s history at the California State Railroad Museum.
Tour the rooms, patios and grottos of the fantastical Forestiere Underground Gardens. Shop like a local at the Vineyard Farmers Market, a Fresno institution for more than 35 years. Catch a performance of the Fresno Philharmonic or catch a foul ball at a Fresno Grizzlies game.
Stroll through the Shinzen Friendship Garden which celebrates Fresno's sister city, Kochi, Japan.
Hike in the Kern River Canyon or follow the trail of others who have left their mark on the local landscape, from country crooner Buck Owens to legendary novelist John Steinbeck. Catch a show at the historic Fox Theater or visit the home of civil rights leader César Chávez.
Watch artists transform a parking lot into giant canvasses at the Via Arté Italian Street Painting Festival.
- This offer is exclusively available at www.amtrak.com/san-joaquins.
- Advance reservations are required a minimum of one (1) day prior to travel.
- Valid for up to (5) five 50% off companion rail fares with the purchase of (1) one regular full adult rail fare.
- Valid for sale and travel: April 22, 2022 - April 29, 2024
- Blackout Dates:
- May 27, 2022
- July 1, 2022
- July 4, 2022
- September 2, 2022
- September 5, 2022
- November 22-23, 2022
- November 26-28, 2022
- December 23-24, 2022
- December 26-27, 2022
- December 30-31, 2022
- January 2, 2023
- February 17, 2023
- February 20, 2023
- April 7, 2023
- April 10,2023
- May 26, 2023
- September 1, 2023
- September 4, 2023
- November21-22, 2023
- November 25-27, 2023
- December 22-24, 2024
- December 29, 2023-January 1, 2024
- February 16, 2024
- February 19, 2024
- March 29, 2024
- April 1, 2024
- This offer is valid for travel on the San Joaquins and associated thruways; except not valid on the 7000-8999 thruways.
- Offer is valid on thruways to/from Merced, CA and Fresno, CA to Yosemite National Park.
- The companion(s) and full fare passenger must travel together on the same itinerary and have tickets issued together.
- The companion(s) is subject to the same restrictions and conditions as the full fare passenger.
- This offer is valid for coach seats only; no upgrades permitted.
- Once purchased tickets are non-refundable; exchanges are permitted prior to the original travel date.
- This offer is not combinable with any other discount offer.
- In addition to the discount restrictions, this offer is also subject to any restrictions, blackouts and refund rules that apply to the type of fare purchased.
- Once travel has begun; no changes to the itinerary are permitted.
- Fares, routes and schedules are subject to change without notice.
- Other restrictions may apply.
- Seating is limited; seats may not be available on all days.
- This offer is valid for new sales only; existing reservations do not apply.
- Amtrak and San Joaquins are registered service marks of the National Railroad Passenger Corporation.
Passwords are case sensitive, should be at least 10 characters long and should include 1 uppercase and 1 lowercase alpha character, 1 number and 1 special character. ! " # $ % & ' ( ) * + , - . / : ; < = > ? @ [ \ ] ^ _ ` < | > ~
Enter the email address or member number associated with your account. We will send password reset instructions.
An email with password reset instructions is on the way.
That answer wasn’t correct either. We’ve sent you an email with instructions to reset your password instead.