California Kids Ride 50% Off
California Everyday Discount for Kids Ages 2-12
Enjoy quality time with the family and explore more of California with a trip on the train. One child ages 2-12 is eligible for a 50% discount on the lowest available adult rail fare and one child under the age of two may ride free on Pacific Surfliner, Capitol Corridor, and San Joaquins trains with each fare-paying adult (age 18+).
Have fun reading books, gazing out the window and playing games while traveling to amazing destinations in California, including San Diego, Los Angeles, and Santa Barbara; Bakersfield, Fresno and Stockton; as well as the San Francisco Bay Area, Silicon Valley, and Sacramento, and more. Onboard amenities such as a Café Car, WiFi, power outlets and spacious seating offer a comfortable ride that both you and your kids will love.
- Passengers 12 years of age and younger must travel with an adult passenger who is at least 18 years old.
- Children traveling alone are not entitled to a children's discount.
- The children's discount does not apply to Business class. These upgrades are permitted upon payment of the full accommodation charges.
- The children's discount is not valid for travel on certain Amtrak Thruway connecting services.
- Children age 12 and under may not travel unaccompanied. They must travel with another person who is at least 18 years old, with this exception: A minor who is 16 or 17, who is a parent to children of any age, may bring those children without restriction. The 16- or 17-year-old must bring proof that he or she is the parent of the children.
- Children 13, 14 and 15 years old may travel as unaccompanied minors only under certain conditions.
- Reservations for unaccompanied minors cannot be made on Amtrak.com.
- Additional restrictions may apply.
Passwords are case sensitive, should be at least 10 characters long and should include 1 uppercase and 1 lowercase alpha character, 1 number and 1 special character. ! " # $ % & ' ( ) * + , - . / : ; < = > ? @ [ \ ] ^ _ ` < | > ~
Enter the email address or member number associated with your account. We will send password reset instructions.
An email with password reset instructions is on the way.
That answer wasn’t correct either. We’ve sent you an email with instructions to reset your password instead.