North Carolina State Employees Receive A 15% Discount on Rail Tickets Within North Carolina
Riding the train is a great way to save gas and with free WiFi service, you can be productive while traveling between Raleigh and Charlotte. Book now to save 15% on travel on the Carolinian and Piedmont trains.
State employees are encouraged to utilize the state supported passenger rail system whenever possible for business and personal activities. With eight daily passenger trains that serve nine cities in the Piedmont I-85/40 corridor between Raleigh and Charlotte, there's no better way to travel.
During the ride, you'll be able to relax in our spacious, comfortable seats. Along with plenty of legroom, there's extra space for your luggage as well. Your laptop, phone and other devices can stay fully charged and ready for your trip thanks to our onboard electrical outlets.
If this fare doesn't meet your travel needs, be sure to check out our Saver Fares.
Valid for sale through December 31, 2022
Valid for travel through December 31, 2022
- Exclusively available at Amtrak.com and NCBYtrain.org.
- Valid for 15% off the regular (full) adult rail fare.
- Valid for sale January 29, 2019 – December 31, 2022.
- Valid for travel January 29, 2019 – December 31, 2022.
- Once purchased, all sales are final with no exchange or refund value.
- Blackout dates:
- January 2–3, 2021
- February 12, 2021
- February 15, 2021
- April 2, 2021
- April 5, 2021
- May 28, 2021
- July 5, 2021
- September 3, 2021
- September 6, 2021
- November 23–24, 2021
- November 26–28, 2021
- December 23–24, 2021
- December 26–27, 2021
- December 31, 2021
- January 1–3, 2022
- Valid for North Carolina Intrastate travel on the Carolinian and Piedmont only.
- Seating is limited; seats may not be available on all days.
- Valid for Coach seats.
- Fares are subject to availability.
- Not combinable with any other discount offer.
- In addition to the discount restrictions, this offer is also subject to any restrictions, blackouts and refund rules that apply to the type of fare purchased.
- Fares, routes and schedules are subject to change without notice.
- Once travel has begun, no changes to the itinerary are permitted.
- Other restrictions may apply.
Passwords are case sensitive, should be at least 10 characters long and should include 1 uppercase and 1 lowercase alpha character, 1 number and 1 special character. ! " # $ % & ' ( ) * + , - . / : ; < = > ? @ [ \ ] ^ _ ` < | > ~
Enter the email address or member number associated with your account. We will send password reset instructions.
An email with password reset instructions is on the way.
That answer wasn’t correct either. We’ve sent you an email with instructions to reset your password instead.