Picking Up Your Ticket
Use an eTicket for the Quickest, Most Efficient Way to Travel
Now that you've made your reservation, you'll need to get the actual tickets before you travel. Skip the ticket lines at the station and take advantage of the ease and convenience of eTicketing.
You'll receive your eTicket as a PDF attachment to your e-mail receipt.
Open the eTicket PDF on your smartphone or tablet. Or print it at home.
Simply show the eTicket barcode and your ID to the conductor.
Sit back and enjoy your hassle-free Amtrak journey.
Other Ways to Pick Up Your Ticket
- Pick up tickets at Quik-Trak kiosks located at major Amtrak stations. Use your credit card to activate the kiosk and enter your reservation number, or scan the barcode on your confirmation page or e-mail. The Quik-Trak kiosk will print your tickets and you'll be on your way.
- Pick up tickets at the ticket office of any staffed Amtrak station. Payment with cash or by major credit card is accepted.
- Pick up tickets at Metrolink Ticket Vending Machines located in select stations along the Pacific Surfliner route in southern California. Check the station information page for the station you're traveling from to see if a Metrolink Ticket Vending Machine is available.
- Amtrak will mail tickets to US and Canadian addresses for no additional fee only if you have booked a reservation for which you have not received an eTicket. See the Ticket by Mail details for mailing restrictions.
- Express delivery is available for US and Canadian addresses only for an additional fee. Express delivery may be the only available delivery option if your station of departure is unstaffed and doesn't have a Quik-Trak kiosk and your reservation is made between 4 and 10 days before travel.
- Onboard ticket pickup is not permitted on most trains. Your eligibility for this option will be determined when you are making your reservation.
- Tickets purchased from Amtrak authorized travel agencies will often be delivered by the agency. Check with your travel agent for details.