Group Travel Discount
Share the Amtrak Experience as a Group
Passengers traveling together in groups of 15 or more may be eligible to receive a discount off the normal rail fare, or a free escort ticket for each 20 travelers. Learn more about group travel requests here or call 1-800-USA-1GRP for more information on taking everyone along to share the fun.
Make reservation requests for your group as early as possible for the best fares and accommodations.
Groups may be eligible to receive discounts for each 15 paying passengers. The half-fare children's discounts may be applied to eligible members of the group. Discounts are not valid on all trains. These discount options are offered at the discretion of Amtrak.
- Sleeping Car, Business Class and First Class upgrades are permitted upon payment of full accommodation charges.
- Group space may be limited and group travel requests are subject to approval based on space availability.
- Group discounts are not available on some Amtrak services.
- Further restrictions may apply.
Seating and Sleeping Accommodations
We offer coach seating on all trains, and, on long-distance trains, a variety of sleeping accommodations.
We also offer a varied menu with choices ranging from light snacks and sandwiches, to full meals in our long-distance dining cars. A variety of beverages and non-alcoholic beverages are also available, including a full bar selection on some trains.
Pre-boarding and Exclusive Occupancy
We can pre-board your group to add ease and comfort to the boarding process. We offer group seating and exclusive occupancy if your group is large enough to occupy an entire car.
We want you and your group to have fun and be safe. Please review these rules with the adult chaperones in your group and provide each of them with a copy of these guidelines.
A minimum of one designated chaperone is required for every six minors under the age of 18 aboard the train. Designated chaperones are adults specifically responsible and accountable for minors traveling on the train. Any adult traveling in connection with the group who is responsible for an infant will not be considered a designated chaperone. Chaperones are responsible for following all Group Leader and Chaperone Guidelines.
Please call 1-800-USA-RAIL prior to leaving for the train station to make sure your train is on schedule.
Plan to arrive at the train station at least 60 minutes before your scheduled train departure. Your group will need to be ready to board as soon as the train pulls into the station. Some station stops are as little as two minutes. The trains cannot wait for late arriving groups or individuals.
- Present your ticket to the station staff or conductor.
- At staffed stations, identify yourself to the station staff to confirm boarding instructions.
- Identify your group to the conductor and follow his/her seating instructions. During your trip, feel free to contact onboard personnel for assistance.
- Group leaders and designated chaperones are responsible for the conduct and supervision of their group at all times during the field trip.
- Please remind your students to be considerate of the other passengers. Amtrak personnel cannot assist in the supervision of your group.
- Please use the trash and recycle bins and keep the area around your group clean and free of debris. Amtrak staff will provide extra trash bags for you to pick up your area before your group arrives at your destination.
- When your group exits the train, follow the conductor's instructions.
- Appoint one or two people to follow behind the group to check the seating areas and overhead bins for any items that may have been left behind.
We look forward to having you travel on Amtrak.
Passwords are case sensitive, should be at least 10 characters long and should include 1 uppercase and 1 lowercase alpha character, 1 number and 1 special character. ! " # $ % & ' ( ) * + , - . / : ; < = > ? @ [ \ ] ^ _ ` < | > ~
Enter the email address or member number associated with your account. We will send password reset instructions.
An email with password reset instructions is on the way.
That answer wasn’t correct either. We’ve sent you an email with instructions to reset your password instead.