Save on Amtrak Travel to Maine
Take the train to Maine and bring a friend for half price
With five round-trips daily from Boston North Station, the Downeaster is your car free connection to iconic Maine destinations. Buy one adult full fare ticket and bring a friend for half price.
To receive this special fare, begin your travel search from this page or use code V114 in the Amtrak app. Three-day advance purchase required.
Visit Portland, Maine
Named one of the nations best foodie cities year after year, Portland is home to award winning locally sourced bars and restaurants. Upscale overnight accommodations. Eccentric shops and more.
- Valid for one (1) fifty percent off companion rail fare with the purchase of one regular (full) adult rail fare.
- The free companion and full fare passenger must travel together on the same itinerary and have tickets issued together.
- Valid for travel on the following select Downeaster trains only: 681, 683, 688, 691, 693 and 698.
- Please refer to discount code V114 when booking via the Amtrak app.
- Advance purchase is required a minimum of three (3) days prior to travel.
- Seating is limited; seats may not be available on all days.
- All children (ages 2 - 12) may accompany each adult at half the regular adult rail fare.
- Children and infants must travel with an adult who is 18 years or older.
- Valid for Coach seats only.
- Fares are subject to availability.
- Not combinable with any other discount offer.
- In addition to the discount restrictions this offer is also subject to any restrictions, blackouts and refund rules that apply to the type of fare purchased.
- Fares, routes and schedules are subject to change without notice.
- Once travel has begun, no changes to the itinerary are permitted.
- Other restrictions may apply.
Passwords are case sensitive, should be at least 10 characters long and should include 1 uppercase and 1 lowercase alpha character, 1 number and 1 special character. ! " # $ % & ' ( ) * + , - . / : ; < = > ? @ [ \ ] ^ _ ` < | > ~
Enter the email address or member number associated with your account. We will send password reset instructions.
An email with password reset instructions is on the way.
That answer wasn’t correct either. We’ve sent you an email with instructions to reset your password instead.