Lorton, VA (Washington, DC) - Sanford, FL (Orlando)
Ride the Auto Train with Your Car
The Auto Train transports you and your car (or your van, motorcycle, SUV, small boat, jet-ski or other recreational vehicle) nonstop from the Washington, DC area to sunny Florida, just outside of Orlando. This IS the best way to drive I-95. And remember, you can pack your car as if it were your suitcase.
Save 900 Miles of Driving, Gasoline and Wear and Tear on Your Car
But bring it with you. Leave the worries of long-distance driving behind. Onboard the Auto Train, you'll enjoy a stress-free journey by rail, skipping the traffic congestion on I-95. Put your feet up. Read a book or enjoy free Wi-Fi. Take in the scenery. While you and your family travel in comfort, your vehicle rides along in an enclosed auto carrier. And now, our auto carriers offer even greater capacity to better accommodate your SUV or van.
Check-In, Baggage, Boarding & Vehicle Requirements, Priority Vehicle Offloading
- eTicketing Check-In Made Easy: Auto Train customers have the option to check in without physical tickets. Learn more about how Auto Train ticketless check-in enhances your travel experience.
- Boarding, Baggage & Vehicle: Looking for boarding times, procedures, vehicle rules and restrictions on Auto Train? Visit Auto Train Boarding and Vehicle Requirements.
- Priority Vehicle Offloading: Speed up your journey with a time-saving upgrade option for Auto Train. Reserve Priority Vehicle Offloading and your vehicle will be one of the first offloaded from the train.
Choose Your Accommodations
Sit back and relax in your roomy coach seat or reserve a private Bedroom or Roomette.
Bedrooms: Our Bedrooms feature comfortable seating by day, with a private restroom and shower. In the evening, an attendant will convert the seats into sleeping berths.
Roomettes: Our Roomettes are designed for one or two people, with a restroom and shower facilities nearby.
Special Accommodations: We also offer special accommodations for families with small children and for customers with special needs.
All Meals are Included
Meals are included in the price of all Auto Train tickets, no matter which class you travel in. As evening arrives, enjoy a delicious dinner in the Dining Car. Our expert chef will serve up a delicious dinner including vegetarian dishes and special meals for the kids. Afterward, there's time for mingling with fellow passengers in the Lounge Car. In the morning, you'll awaken to a tasty continental breakfast.
Business Class on the Auto Train
Enjoy an enhanced travel experience in Business Class on the Auto Train and you'll have access to exclusive amenities such as:
- Fully refundable ticket if canceled prior to departure
- 25% point bonus for Amtrak Guest Rewards members
- Priority boarding
- Seating in dedicated car
- Complimentary comfort kit
- Two bottles of water
- Meals in sleeping passenger Dining Car
- Access to premium digital newspapers
Downloadable menus are updated regularly, but menu items and prices are subject to change and may be different from what is available onboard.
Length of Trip
17 hours 29 minutes
Amenities & accommodations vary by train.