Amtrak Alerts Information and updates affecting travel
- Auto Train Enhancements
- Effective by 2020
Save 900 Miles of Driving, Gasoline and Wear and Tear on Your Car
But bring it with you. Leave the worries of long-distance driving behind. Onboard the Auto Train, you'll enjoy a stress-free journey by rail, skipping the traffic congestion on I-95. Put your feet up. Read a book or enjoy free WiFi. Take in the scenery. While you and your family travel in comfort, your vehicle rides along in an enclosed auto carrier. Our auto carriers can even accommodate your SUV, van or motorcycle.
Boarding, Baggage & Vehicles
Looking for boarding times, procedures, vehicle rules and restrictions on Auto Train? Visit Auto Train Boarding and Vehicle Requirements
eTicketing Check-In Made Easy
Auto Train customers have the option to check in without physical tickets. Learn more about how Auto Train ticketless check-in enhances your travel experience.
Priority Vehicle Offloading
Speed up your journey with a time-saving upgrade option for Auto Train. Reserve Priority Vehicle Offloading and your vehicle will be one of the first offloaded from the train.
A New Auto Train Experience
By 2020, we'll be introducing several changes and enhancements to the Auto Train customer experience. Here are some of the new things you can expect:
For sleeping car customers: an enhanced experience
- More availability of every type of sleeping car accommodation: Roomette, Bedroom, Family Bedroom and Accessible Bedroom
- Upgraded bedding, towels, linens and other pleasantries added to every room
- Introduction of a new sleeping car menu for dinner and breakfast
- The addition of complimentary red or white wine to the dinner service
- Complimentary meals offered exclusively for sleeping car customers beginning 1/15/20
For Coach customers: a new dining experience and low fares
- The debut of the Cross-Country Café for Coach customers (beginning 1/15/20), offering an expanded café menu, fresh offerings for sale and a festive environment during the trip
- One-way fares for Coach remain low — starting at $89 + the cost of your vehicle
- Expanded Share Fares now includes Auto Train on select departures, offering discounted travel up to 35% for small groups
For all customers: food trucks will be on-site in Lorton and Sanford for all departing customers to provide a wider variety of options
Features & Amenities
Washington, DCWashington, DC - Union Staton
Arrive in D.C.’s magnificent Union Station and set off to discover the city by foot, bike or Metro. Tour the monuments and museums of the National Mall, including the new National Museum of African American History and Culture.
Enjoy the organic beauty of the National Botanic Gardens or bike the towpaths of the old C&O Canal or miles of trails along the Potomac River. Marvel at the magnificent architecture of the Library of Congress, the Supreme Court and of course, the U.S. Capitol.
From the Magic Kingdom to the global tastes of Epcot to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Orlando is a playground for young and old alike. Laugh with the dolphins at Sea World or safari among the giraffes in the Animal Kingdom.
For truly out-of-this-world exploration, hop in your car for an hour’s drive to Cape Canaveral and the Kennedy Space Center.
Passwords are case sensitive, should be at least 10 characters long and should include 1 uppercase and 1 lowercase alpha character, 1 number and 1 special character. ! " # $ % & ' ( ) * + , - . / : ; < = > ? @ [ \ ] ^ _ ` < | > ~
Enter the email address or member number associated with your account. We will send password reset instructions.
An email with password reset instructions is on the way.
That answer wasn’t correct either. We’ve sent you an email with instructions to reset your password instead.