AAA Discount for Adult Passengers
AAA Members Save 10%
American Automobile Association (AAA) members and their immediate family (spouses and dependents) are eligible to receive a 10% discount on most adult rail fares for Amtrak travel. Up to two children ages 2 - 12 may accompany each adult member at half the AAA member rail fare. Visit the AAA web site for information about becoming an AAA member.
Three-Day Advance Purchase
To use the AAA discount, you must book your tickets at least three days in advance of travel.If you make any change to your itinerary, you must re-qualify for any membership discount used. This means that to be eligible to receive an applicable membership discount, any change to your itinerary must be made at least three days in advance of travel.
- The AAA discount is not valid with Saver Fares.
- The AAA discount is not valid on weekday Acela Express trains.
- The AAA discount does not apply to Business class, First class or sleeping accommodation. These upgrades are permitted upon payment of the full accommodation charges.
- The AAA discount is not valid for travel on certain Amtrak Thruway connecting services.
- The AAA discount is not valid on the Canadian portion of services operated jointly by Amtrak and VIA Rail Canada to Ontario.
- The AAA discount may not be combinable with other discount offers; refer to the terms and conditions for each offer.
- Additional restrictions may apply.
How to Enter Your AAA Number
To take advantage of this discount:
- Use the Fare Finder at the beginning of your search and select 'AAA Adult' or 'AAA Child' for each passenger as appropriate. Then, enter your AAA membership number on the 'Passenger Information' page of the booking process.
- Or, in your user profile, select 'AAA Adult' in the 'Travel Profile' section, and enter your AAA membership number. AAA will be pre-selected as your preferred passenger discount type, and your AAA membership number will appear, already filled-in, in the appropriate text field.
To correctly enter your number in the booking process or as part of your user profile:
- Enter your three-digit club code into the 'AAA Club Code' box.
- Enter the remaining nine digits of your membership number, excluding any letters. Omit any numbers after the space following the nine digits.
- If your number contains the word "plus" leave out this text. Do not enter any spaces between numbers.
Present Your Card When Picking Up Your Ticket
Please note that you must present your AAA membership ID card when you pick up your ticket, and you must carry your card with you onboard the train. You may be asked to present your AAA card to the conductor upon request
Hint: Check your caps lock as passwords are case sensitive. Passwords should be at least 10 characters long and include 1 uppercase and 1 lowercase alpha character, 1 number and 1 special character. ! " # $ % & ' ( ) * + , - . / : ; < = > ? @ [ \ ] ^ _ ` < | > ~
Enter your account email address to receive password reset instructions.
Thank you. An email with password reset instructions is on its way.
That answer wasn’t correct either. We’ve sent you an email with instructions to reset your password instead.