Hispanic Heritage Month with Amtrak
For our U.S. Hispanic passengers, Hispanic Heritage Month is a time to appreciate and reconnect with one’s roots. Whether you’re attending cultural festivals or visiting primos, Amtrak can get you there
I Don’t Speak English. Does Amtrak Provide Spanish-Language Services?
Yes. At Amtrak, diversity is what makes our national network thrive. From our workforce to our passengers, we are committed to creating an inclusive, diverse environment. We provide several ways to communicate with our Spanish speaking passengers.
Spanish Language Amtrak Website
Our website allows users to change language settings to Spanish (along with French, German and Mandarin). Everything from learning about different routes to purchasing tickets is available in the language of your choosing. When first visiting our site, you will be prompted to choose your main language. Once selected, the system will register that language as your preference for all online interactions.
Spanish Speaking Amtrak Employees
We also have Spanish speakers on staff at Amtrak. To purchase tickets via phone, you have the option to request a Spanish-speaking representative. Once onboard our trains, ask your Conductor to check if there are Spanish speakers on staff.
Where Should I Go This Hispanic Heritage Month?
With over 500 destinations, Amtrak can reunite you with family across our national network. Book 14 day in advance and save up to 25% with Saver Fares. If you’re looking for a fiesta, here are some top picks, all accessible via Amtrak:
Utah Hispanic Heritage Parade
When: Saturday, September 22
Where: Salt Lake City, UT
Route: California Zephyr
Utah’s third annual Hispanic Heritage Parade and Street Festival is a free event featuring a community parade, food vendors (empanadas, tacos, pupusas, Cuban sandwiches, arepas and more), beer, local artisans, dancing, live music, a car show and other family friendly entertainment.
Puerto Rican Festival Parade
San Francisco Latino Film Festival
When: September 14 - 30
Where: San Francisco, Oakland, Berkeley
Route: Capitol Corridor
The San Francisco Latino Film Festival showcases the work of emerging and established filmmakers from the US, Latin America, Spain and Portugal. It’s a celebration of the latest work coming out of the 20+ countries with which San Francisco shares a bond.
Sabor y Vino Latin Food & Wine Festival
When: Sunday, October 25
Where: Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Route: Auto Train
The Sabor y Vino Latin Food and Wine Festival is a culinary extravaganza with a Latin flair. Purchase perfect-size dishes from some of Central Florida’s local restaurants and distributors, wonderful wines/spirits and beers all celebrating the world of Latin cuisine.
And that’s just to name a few. This Hispanic Heritage Month, we encourage all of our U.S. Hispanic passengers to celebrate their Hispanic Heritage. Let us take you there.
- Valid on Northeast Regional service, reserved Keystone service and Pennsylvanian service with advance reservations required a minimum of 14 - 21 days prior to travel.
- Valid on Acela Express service for travel on Saturdays (all departures) and weekday late night departures only with advance purchase required a minimum of fourteen (14) days prior to travel.
- Once purchased tickets are non-refundable.
- Acela Express offers a child discount on weekends and holidays only; child discount not available on weekdays.
- Valid for Acela Business class seats only; no First class upgrades permitted.
- Valid on California Zephyr, Capitol Limited, Cardinal, City of New Orleans, Coast Starlight, Crescent, Empire Builder, Lake Shore Limited, Silver Meteor, Silver Star, Southwest Chief, Sunset Limited, Texas Eagle, Auto Train, Blue Water, Pere Marquette and Wolverine with advance purchase required a minimum of fourteen (14) days prior to travel.
- Blackout dates: November 20 - 21 and 24 - 25, 2018
- Once purchased, tickets are non-refundable.
- Seating is limited; seats may not be available on all days.
- One (1) child (ages 2 - 12) may accompany each adult at half fare. (see Acela restrictions above)
- Children and infants must travel with an adult who is 18 years or older.
- Valid for Coach seats only; no sleeper or first class upgrades permitted.
- Fares are subject to availability.
- Not combinable with any other discount offer.
- In addition to the discount restrictions; this offer is subject to any restrictions, blackouts, refund rules and cancellation fees that apply to the type of fare purchased.
- Fares, routes and schedules are subject to change without notice.
- Once travel has begun, no changes to the itinerary are permitted.
- Other restrictions may apply.
Passwords are case sensitive, should be at least 10 characters long and should include 1 uppercase and 1 lowercase alpha character, 1 number and 1 special character. ! " # $ % & ' ( ) * + , - . / : ; < = > ? @ [ \ ] ^ _ ` < | > ~
Enter the email address or member number associated with your account. We will send password reset instructions.
An email with password reset instructions is on the way.
That answer wasn’t correct either. We’ve sent you an email with instructions to reset your password instead.