Changing a Reservation
How do I make a change to a reservation?
Reservations that were made on Amtrak.com can be modified online.
- If you made your reservation while logged into your Amtrak.com account, simply log into your account to review your reservation and begin the modification process.
- If you made your reservation on Amtrak.com as a guest, you can still make changes by retrieving it from the 'My Trip' tab on any page of Amtrak.com. You'll need your reservation number and the e-mail address or telephone number used while making the reservation.
What Can I Change?
- Dates & Times: change the dates and times of your departure and/or return trips
- Class of Service: upgrade your seating options or reserve sleeping accommodations
- Vehicle Type (Auto Train): change the type of vehicle you'll bring on the Auto Train
- Ticket Delivery: change the method by which your ticket is delivered
- Not all reservations are eligible for online modification.
If you incur an additional charge as a result of your reservation modification, you will be asked to supply a credit card for payment. You must use the same card that was used to make the original reservation. If there is a credit due, it will be applied to the card that was charged in the original reservation.
Reservations that were not made on Amtrak.com (those made by phone or in a station) can only be modified by a reservation specialist. Call 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245) or TDD/TTY 1-800-523-6590 from within the United States and Canada for assistance. From outside the United States, call 001-215-856-7952.
Please have the following information ready:
Your reservation number
The date of travel
Amtrak does not charge a ticket change fee, but please note that other fees may apply.