Parcel Check - $4.00 Per Day (24 Hours)
- Customers holding tickets for travel may store their items in Parcel Check service when available.
- New York Penn Station: $5.50 per day (24 hours).
Red Cap - Free Baggage Handling Service
In addition to self-service handcarts in a number of Amtrak stations, you can count on uniformed Red Caps to provide free baggage-handling assistance at many major stations. We recommend that you accept assistance from only uniformed Red Cap agents. All baggage handled by Red Cap is protected by a claim check.
The Red Cap assistance service is offered at the following major stations for free:
- Baltimore, MD
- Boston, MA (South Station)
- Chicago, IL
- Los Angeles, CA
- New Haven, CT
- New York, NY
- Newark, NJ
- Philadelphia, PA
- Portland, OR
- Seattle, WA
- Washington, DC
- Wilmington, DE
Available at many stations; fees will vary.
- Shipping Boxes: $5.00 per box
- Bicycle Boxes: $15.00 per box
- Ski Bags: $3.00 per bag