Auto Train Priority Vehicle Offloading
Upgrade to Make Your Vehicle One of the First 20 to Exit the Train
Being on the road faster gets you to your destination sooner. Now you can speed up your journey with a time-saving upgrade option for Auto Train. Passengers who reserve Priority Vehicle Offloading will be one of the first 20 vehicles offloaded from the train.
Reserve this upgrade for only $50 by calling 1-877-SKIP-I-95 or visiting any staffed Amtrak Ticket Office and request the addition of "Priority Vehicle Offloading" to your travel reservation. Only 20 Priority Vehicle Offloading upgrades are available per train so book your Auto Train trip and call for this upgrade.
- Priority Vehicle Offloading is available for cars, vans, SUVs and trailers but not for motorcycles.
- The charge for Priority Vehicle Offloading ($50) is in addition to the accommodation charge for the vehicle.
- The priority vehicle must check in by 2:30 pm. If the passenger misses the cutoff time, the $50 charge will not be refunded.
- Priority Vehicle Offloading must be reserved for each vehicle. For example, if you have a vehicle and a trailer or your traveling party has two vehicles and Priority Vehicle Offloading is desired, you will be charged for two offloading upgrades.
- Priority Vehicle Offloading may only be reserved by a station or contact center agent. If an Auto Train reservation is made on Amtrak.com, you may go to a ticket office or call 1-877-SKIP-I-95 to have the upgrade added to the reservation.