Amtrak has partnered with Collegia to make the process of selecting a college more affordable. Our buy one, get one 50% off Campus Visit® Discount is the smart way for high school juniors and seniors and their parents to check out their top college choices. History shows that college graduates are twice as likely to regret their college choice if they didn't visit that school before enrolling.
Students must travel with a parent or guardian and make reservations at least three days in advance. Make sure to bring your school ID when you pick up your tickets.
Click on the "Book It Now" button to book your trip and save on your college campus visits.
- Exclusively available at Amtrak.com via www.campusvisit.com.
- Valid for sale December 18, 2016 - December 25, 2017.
- Valid for travel December 25, 2016 - December 28, 2017.
- Blackout dates:
- December 26 - 30, 2016
- January 1 - 2, 2017
- February 17 and 20, 2017
- April 13 - 14 and 17, 2017
- May 26 and 29, 2017
- September 1 and 4, 2017
- October 9, 2017
- November 21 - 22 and 25 - 27, 2017
- December 22 - 24, 2017
- Valid for one (1) 50% off companion rail fare ticket with the purchase of a regular (full) adult rail fare ticket. The qualifying adult must be a junior or senior high school student visiting a college or university with one parent or guardian traveling as their companion.
- Valid student identification must be presented upon ticket purchase and onboard the train.
- The 50% off companion and full fare paying passenger must travel together at all times and have tickets issued at the same time.
- Advance reservations are required a minimum of three (3) days prior to travel.
- Valid for all Amtrak services except the following: not valid on Acela Express, Auto Train, Canadian portions of joint Amtrak/Via Rail service to Ontario and 7000-8999 Thruway bus series.
- Up to two (2) children (ages 2 - 12) may accompany each adult at half the regular (full) adult rail fare.
- Children and infants must travel with an adult who is 18 years or older.
- Valid for Coach seats; upgrade to Business Class or sleeper accommodations are available upon full payment of applicable accommodation charges.
- Seating is limited; seats may not be available on all trains at all times.
- Fares are subject to availability.
- Subject to any restrictions, blackouts and refund rules that apply to the type of fare purchased and upon which the discount is based.
- Fares, routes and schedules are subject to change without notice.
- Once travel has begun, no changes to the itinerary are permitted.
- Not combinable with any other discount offer.
- Other restrictions may apply.