Kids 2-12 Save 50%
On most trains and on most days, one child may travel at the half-price fare with each passenger paying the full adult fare. If a second or third child will be traveling in the party, reservations must be made for that child as an "Adult" and the full adult fare will be charged. For larger parties, make sure that one passenger paying the full adult fare is included for each child you would like to receive the discounted fare.
- Passengers 12 years of age and younger must travel with an adult passenger who is at least 18 years old.
- Children traveling alone are not entitled to a children's discount.
- Not valid on weekday Acela Express trains.
- Does not apply to non-Acela Business Class, First Class or sleeper accommodation charges. These upgrades are permitted upon payment of the full accommodation charges.
- Not valid for travel on certain Amtrak Thruway connecting services.
- Additional restrictions may apply.
- Children 12 and under may not travel unaccompanied. They must travel with another person who is at least 18 years old.*
- Children aged 13 through 15 may travel unaccompanied only under certain conditions.
- Reservations for unaccompanied minors cannot be made on Amtrak.com.
- Additional rules and restrictions apply.
*Exception: A minor who is 16 or 17, who is a parent to children of any age, may bring those children without restriction. The 16- or 17-year-old must bring proof that he or she is the parent of the children.
Up to Eight Passengers in Each Online Reservation
You can make reservations for up to eight passengers in each online transaction. To make reservations for more than eight passengers, you may complete an additional online transaction, or you may call 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245) for assistance.