Infrastructure Renewal at New York Penn Station
Next Phase of Infrastructure Renewal Work Begins May 26
Amtrak continues its Infrastructure Renewal Program this summer by performing critical reconstruction of three major railroad infrastructure assets in New York City: The Empire Tunnel and Spuyten Duyvil Bridge, which provides train access between Upstate New York and New York Penn Station, as well as renewal work on Track 19 in New York Penn Station, which will help provide Amtrak passengers and commuters with more reliable service.
What does this mean for my commute?
Due to the work on the Empire Connection and Spuyten Duyvil Bridge, some Amtrak schedules will be affected. The following schedule changes will take place between Saturday, May 26 and Monday, September 3.
- Empire Service, Ethan Allen Express, Adirondack and Maple Leaf trains will all be rerouted from New York Penn Station to Grand Central Terminal.
- Lake Shore Limited will operate between Boston and Chicago, with New York City and Hudson Valley customers connecting from Empire Service trains at Albany-Rensselaer.
- The work on Track 19 will occur between Friday, June 8 and Friday, July 20. To accommodate this work, Amtrak will operate a modified schedule.
Updated schedules are now available. Amtrak staff will be available at Grand Central Terminal throughout the summer. If you're unfamiliar with the area, here are directions on how to travel between New York Penn Station and Grand Central Terminal.
The Infrastructure Renewal Program is one element of our plan to modernize stations, infrastructure and equipment on the Northeast Corridor.
How do I stay informed?
Amtrak, LIRR and NJ TRANSIT will each assume responsibility for helping their passengers navigate any changes in service or schedule. We are making every effort to make sure its customers have the information they need to get to and from their destinations.
We Value Your Opinion
Provide feedback at Amtrak.com/contact.
- Amtrak Announces Summer 2018 Infrastructure Renewal Work
- Amtrak Begins Next Phase of Infrastructure Renewal at New York Penn Station
- Infrastructure Renewal at New York Penn Station FAQ - December 2017
- Amtrak Continues Next Phase of New York Penn Station Infrastructure Renewal Work
- NY Penn Station Track Map
- A Guide to Key Railroad Terminology
Hint: Check your caps lock as passwords are case sensitive. Passwords should be at least 10 characters long and include 1 uppercase and 1 lowercase alpha character, 1 number and 1 special character. ! " # $ % & ' ( ) * + , - . / : ; < = > ? @ [ \ ] ^ _ ` < | > ~
Enter your account email address to receive password reset instructions.
Thank you. An email with password reset instructions is on its way.
That answer wasn’t correct either. We’ve sent you an email with instructions to reset your password instead.