AAA Discount for Child Passengers
AAA Children Save an Additional 10%
AAA members' children 2 to 12 years of age are eligible to receive a a 10% discount in addition to the everyday children's 50% discount on the lowest available adult rail fare on most Amtrak trains.
Three-Day Advance Purchase
To use the AAA discount, you must book your tickets at least three days in advance of travel.
If you make any change to your itinerary, you must re-qualify for any membership discount used. This means that to be eligible to receive an applicable membership discount, any change to your itinerary must be made at least three days in advance of travel.
- The AAA discount is not valid with Saver Fares.
- The AAA discount is not valid on weekday Acela Express trains.
- The AAA discount does not apply to Business class, First class or sleeping accommodation. These upgrades are permitted upon payment of the full accommodation charges.
- The AAA discount is not valid for travel on certain Amtrak Thruway connecting services.
- The AAA discount is not valid on the Canadian portion of services operated jointly by Amtrak and VIA Rail Canada to Ontario.
- The AAA discount may not be combinable with other discount offers; refer to the terms and conditions for each offer.
- Additional restrictions may apply.
How to Use Membership Discount Information During the Booking Process
In Step 2 of the reservation booking process, select 'AAA Child (Ages 2-12)' as the passenger discount type for each eligible child passenger. Then, in Step 4 of the booking process, enter your AAA membership number on the 'Passenger Info' page.
Entering Your AAA Membership Number
AAA membership numbers come in a variety of formats. To correctly enter your number at Step 4 of the reservation booking process:
- Enter your three-digit club code into the 'AAA Club Code' box.
- Enter the remaining numbers, excluding any letters.
- If your number contains the word “plus” please leave out this text. Do not enter any spaces between the numbers.
Present Your AAA Membership Card at Ticket Pick-Up
You must show your AAA membership ID card when you pick up your ticket, and you must carry it (or a copy) with you onboard the train. You may be asked to present your AAA card to the conductor upon request.
Hint: Check your caps lock as passwords are case sensitive. Passwords should be at least 10 characters long and include 1 uppercase and 1 lowercase alpha character, 1 number and 1 special character. ! " # $ % & ' ( ) * + , - . / : ; < = > ? @ [ \ ] ^ _ ` < | > ~
Enter your account email address to receive password reset instructions.
Thank you. An email with password reset instructions is on its way.
That answer wasn’t correct either. We’ve sent you an email with instructions to reset your password instead.