NARP Membership Discount
National Association of Railroad Passengers Members Save 10%
National Association of Railroad Passengers (NARP) members are eligible to receive a 10% discount on the lowest available rail fare on most Amtrak trains. Visit the NARP web site for information about becoming a member.
Three-Day Advance Purchase
To use the NARP discount, you must book your tickets (including tickets for travel on unreserved trains) at least three days in advance of travel.
If you make any change to your itinerary, you must re-qualify for any membership discount used. This means that, to be eligible to receive an applicable membership discount, any change to your itinerary must be made at least three days in advance of travel.
Membership Card Required
You must present your current, valid NARP membership card at the time your tickets are issued. Conductors may ask to see your NARP card during your trip. Please carry your NARP card with you onboard. NARP members with “Family” NARP membership cards must each carry their own card with them.
How to Enter Your NARP Membership Discount Number When Booking Online
To take advantage of this discount when booking your travel online:
- Use the Fare Finder at the beginning of your search and select 'NARP' for each passenger as appropriate. Then, enter your NARP membership number on the 'Passenger Information' page of the booking process.
- Or, in your user profile, select 'NARP' in the 'Travel Profile' section, and enter your NARP membership number. NARP will be pre-selected as your preferred passenger discount type, and your NARP membership number will appear, already filled-in, in the appropriate text field.
- When entering your NARP membership number, omit any spaces and dashes.
- The NARP discount does not apply to non-Acela Business class, First class or sleeping accommodation. These upgrades are permitted upon payment of the full accommodation charges.
- The NARP discount is not valid with Saver Fares.
- The NARP discount is not valid for travel on certain Amtrak Thruway connecting services.
- The NARP discount is not valid on the Canadian portion of services operated jointly by Amtrak and VIA Rail Canada.
- The NARP discount may not be combinable with other discount offers; refer to the terms and conditions for each offer.
- Additional restrictions may apply.
Passwords are case sensitive, should be at least 10 characters long and should include 1 uppercase and 1 lowercase alpha character, 1 number and 1 special character. ! " # $ % & ' ( ) * + , - . / : ; < = > ? @ [ \ ] ^ _ ` < | > ~
Enter your account email address to receive password reset instructions.
An email with password reset instructions is on the way.
That answer wasn’t correct either. We’ve sent you an email with instructions to reset your password instead.