For ninety years our nation's capital has celebrated the fragrant gift of 3,000 cherry blossom trees that Tokyo gifted to Washington, DC in 1912 as a symbol of enduring friendship between the two countries. And ever since then, Washington, DC has been home to this annual event that coincides with each tree's miraculous, once-a-year blooming.
By booking at least 14 days in advance, you'll save 25% with Saver Fares aboard Northeast Regional, whether you're attending the opening ceremonies, coming to experience one of the nearly 100 cultural performances at the Tidal Basin Welcome Area and ANA Performance Stage, or scheduling to be there during the following signature events for the month-long festival:
- Opening Ceremony at the Warner Theatre - March 25, 2017
- Blossom Kite Festival on the grounds of the Washington Monument - April 1, 2017
- National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade* along Constitution Avenue NW - April 8, 2017
- Southwest Waterfront Fireworks Festival - April 15, 2017
There's Always Another Enticing Destination on the Verge of Blooming
Besides the aromatic festivities in DC, we've got over 500 destinations to choose from. Along your journey, you'll be able to stretch out with plenty of legroom and enjoy Wi-Fi available on most routes.
Learn more about the National Cherry Blossom Festival.
- Valid on Northeast Regional service, reserved Keystone service and Pennsylvanian service only.
- Blackout dates:
- January 1 - 2, 2017
- November 21 - 22 and 25 - 26, 2017
- December 23 - 24, 2017
- January 2, 2018
- Advance purchase is required a minimum of 14 days prior to travel.
- Changes made to reservations constitute new travel and require the same advance purchase minimum of 14 days prior to travel.
- Valid for discounted one-way Coach fares only; no Business Class upgrades allowed.
- Not valid for unreserved travel.
- Not valid for onboard purchase.
- Seats are limited and fares may not be available on all trains at all times.
- Up to two (2) children (ages 2 - 12) may accompany each adult at half the discounted (full) adult rail fare.
- Children and infants must travel with an adult who is at least 18 years or older.
- Fares are non-refundable. Exchanges are permitted for other rail fare purchases.
- Fares are subject to availability.
- Fares, routes and schedules are subject to change without notice.
- Not combinable with any other discount offer.
- In addition to the restrictions; this offer is also subject to any restrictions, blackouts and refund rules that apply to the type of fare purchased.
- Once travel has begun, no changes to the intinerary are permitted.
- Other restrictions may apply.