National Parks & Monuments Near Train Stations
Did you know that Amtrak trains travel through and to several of America’s National Parks & Monuments? Not only are there stations in two of the most beautiful national parks — Glacier National Park and New River Gorge — but Amtrak also travels through them, offering travelers scenic, awe-inspiring natural views from the comfort of their train seat.
Amtrak National Park Stations
National Parks & Monuments Amtrak Routes Travel Near
- Bent’s Old Fort National Historic Site (Colorado) | Southwest Chief
- Colorado National Monument (Colorado) | California Zephyr
- C & O Canal National Historical Park (Maryland, Washington, DC) | Cardinal, Crescent, Northeast Regional
- Fort Union Trading Post National Historic Site (North Dakota, Montana) | Empire Builder
- Fort Vancouver National Historic Site (Washington, Oregon) | Coast Starlight, Empire Builder, Cascades
- Gateway Arch National Park (Missouri) | Missouri River Runner, Texas Eagle, Lincoln Service Missouri River Runner
- Joshua Tree National Park (California) | Southwest Chief
- Mississippi National River and Recreation Area (Minnesota) | Empire Builder
- Mount Rainier National Park (Washington) | Empire Builder
- New River Gorge National River (West Virginia) | Cardinal
- Pecos National Historical Park (New Mexico) | Southwest Chief
- Saint Croix National Scenic Riverway (Wisconsin, Minnesota) | Empire Builder
National Parks Partnering with Amtrak
The Trails & Rails partnership is a celebration of America’s natural beauty and the long partnership between railroads and National Parks: National Park Service volunteer guides accompany you aboard select trains and tell you everything you could ever want to know about regional historic and natural resources along your train trip through engaging interpretive programming. Trails & Rails programs include include many of the parks and monuments listed above. Explore the Trails & Rails page to learn more about this one-of-a-kind experience to explore America.
Select Amtrak Stations Near National Parks & Monuments
Amtrak provides convenient train travel to explorers looking to visit national parks and monuments across the contiguous United States. All of the below listed points of interest can be reached within 1 hour on the road, and most of the locations offer shuttle bus service between the station and your destination. Be sure to check the train station pages and National Park Service for the most up-to-date information about potential closures and time changes before booking your trip.
Mount Rainier National Park
- Everett | Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest
- Seattle | Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park
- Tacoma | Mount Rainier National Park
- Vancouver | Fort Vancouver National Historic Site
- Wishram | Oregon Trail Historical Landmark
Joshua Tree National Park
West (Upper States)
Rocky Mountain National Park
West (Lower States)
Saguaro National Park
Gateway Arch National Park
- Michigan City | Indiana Dunes National Park
- Battle Creek | North Country National Scenic Trail
- St. Louis | Gateway Arch National Park
- Cleveland | Cuyahoga Valley National Park
Talladega National Forest
New River Gorge National Park
- Springfield | Springfield Armory National Historic Site
Altoona | Allegheny Portage Railroad National Historic Site
Saratoga Springs | Saratoga National Historical Park
Passwords are case sensitive, should be at least 10 characters long and should include 1 uppercase and 1 lowercase alpha character, 1 number and 1 special character. ! " # $ % & ' ( ) * + , - . / : ; < = > ? @ [ \ ] ^ _ ` < | > ~
Enter the email address or member number associated with your account. We will send password reset instructions.
An email with password reset instructions is on the way.
That answer wasn’t correct either. We’ve sent you an email with instructions to reset your password instead.