Limited Station Parking at Springfield, IL
Due to ongoing improvements by the Illinois Department of Transportation High Speed Rail Project, the Springfield station parking lot will be limited in space, or closed entirely, from now through May 3.
- Parking is very limited during this time, and it may not be possible to find a place to park.
- Customers are encouraged to be dropped off and picked up, if possible.
- If you plan to park, we encourage you to arrive at least 1 hour prior to scheduled departure.
- Alternative parking is available in the City of Springfield’s parking garage at Fourth Street and Washington Street (immediately south of the station) for $5 a day. Metered street parking is also available along Washington Street, Fourth Street and Jefferson Street. Metered spaces are free after 5 pm Friday until 7 am Monday.
- Long term parking passes can be obtained in advance for the surface parking lot at the SE corner of Fourth and Washington by contacting Springfield Downtown Parking, Inc at 217-522-2712.
Taxi, mass transit and ride-share services are also available to and from the station.