Service Adjustments Due to CoronavirusJanuary 27, 2021 3:15 pm ET
Several trains across the country are currently operating on adjusted schedules. Most long-distance routes are operating tri-weekly; all stations along these routes will be operated on days when Amtrak service is offered. The most up-to-date schedules are available when booking your trip on Amtrak.com and in the mobile app.
- Acela (Boston – Washington, DC)
- Northeast Regional (Boston – New York – Washington, DC – Virginia)
- Adirondack (New York – Montreal): No service north of Albany.
- Amtrak Hartford Line (New Haven, CT – Springfield, MA)
- Amtrak Thruway Bus routes
- California Zephyr (Chicago – San Francisco)
- Capitol Limited (Washington, DC – Chicago)
- Capitol Corridor (San Jose – Sacramento)
- Carolinian (Charlotte – New York)
- Cascades (Eugene – Vancouver, B.C.): No service north of Seattle.
- City of New Orleans (Chicago – New Orleans)
- Coast Starlight (Seattle – Los Angeles)
- Crescent (New York – New Orleans)
- Downeaster (Boston – Brunswick, ME)
- Empire Builder (Chicago – Seattle/Portland)
- Empire Service (New York – Niagara Falls)
- Ethan Allen Express (New York – Rutland, VT): No service north of Albany.
- Hiawatha (Milwaukee-Chicago)
- Illini/Saluki (Chicago – Carbondale)
- Illinois Zephyr/Carl Sandburg (Chicago – Quincy)
- Keystone Service (Harrisburg – New York)
- Lake Shore Limited (Chicago – New York/Boston)
- Lincoln Service (Chicago – St. Louis)
- Maple Leaf (New York – Toronto): No service west of Niagara Falls, NY.
- Missouri River Runner (St. Louis – Kansas City)
- Pacific Surfliner (San Luis Obispo – San Diego)
- Palmetto (New York – Savannah)
- Piedmont (Charlotte – Raleigh)
- San Joaquins (Bakersfield – Oakland and Sacramento)
- Southwest Chief (Los Angeles – Chicago)
- Texas Eagle (Chicago – San Antonio)
- Valley Flyer (New Haven, CT – Greenfield, MA)
- Vermonter (Washington – St. Albans): No service north of New York.
- Wolverine (Chicago – Pontiac)
Additionally, the Silver Meteor and Silver Star will continue to operate a combined daily service between New York and Miami. The Auto Train will continue to operate daily between Lorton, VA, and Sanford, FL. There are also no changes for the Cardinal and Sunset Limited, which will continue to operate tri-weekly service.
What to Expect
Before traveling, make sure that you have reviewed any advisories or restrictions that may be in place for travel to your destination. Learn more about state-specific travel restrictions.
Some stations may be temporarily unstaffed. If a station is closed, remain waiting in your personal vehicle and check train status in the Amtrak app or on Amtrak.com. Café service will also be suspended on select trains, and all overnight trains, except the Auto Train, will be offering flexible dining. Other services may be impacted as circumstances change.