Hiawatha Service: Reservations Required During the Thanksgiving Holiday Travel PeriodEffective Tuesday, November 21 through Monday, November 27, 2017
Make Your Hiawatha Service Reservations Now For the Thanksgiving Holiday
To better accommodate the increased number of travelers expected during the busy Thanksgiving holiday period, reservations will be required on all Hiawatha Service trains from Tuesday, Nov. 21 through Monday, Nov. 27. During this period, your ticket will only be valid on the train you are holding a reservation for.
In addition, we are adding cars to provide overflow seating on selected trains on Nov. 21 and Nov. 22.
Our monthly and ten-ride ticket holders will not need reservations.
Holiday Travel Reminders
- For reservations, visit Amtrak.com, use our free mobile apps, speak with station personnel or call 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245).
- Use eTicketing to avoid ticket counter lines.
- Allow ample time to arrive at the station and board the train.
- Boarding gates close five minutes before train departures and ticket sales end 10 minutes before departure times.
- Make sure your baggage is tagged with your name and address.
- Amtrak customers must produce valid photo identification when:
- Exchanging or refunding tickets
- Storing baggage at stations
- Checking baggage
- Onboard trains, in response to a request by an Amtrak employee
Thank you for choosing Amtrak..