I-5 Construction Affects Cascades and POINT Thruway ServiceEffective May 20 - September 30, 2019
Highway I-5 construction scheduled to begin on May 20 will affect Amtrak Cascades and Oregon POINT bus service between Eugene and Portland. Adjustments are being made to schedules to allow time for connections to Amtrak Cascades trains, as outlined below.
- Bus 5502 will depart Eugene Willamette Station 15 minutes earlier at 5:15am, on Saturday and Sunday, only.
- Eugene Station will not be open for the departure of Bus 5502.
- There will be no checked baggage available for Bus 5502 at any stop.
- Bus 5504 will depart Eugene Willamette Station 1 hour earlier, at 7:25am Monday through Friday, only.
- Bus 5506 will depart Eugene Willamette Station 30 minutes earlier at 2:00 pm.
- Bus 5518 will depart Eugene Willamette Station 1 hour earlier at 10:55 am.
- Bus 5528 will depart Eugene Willamette Station 1 hour earlier at 12:15 pm.
- Bus 5544 will depart Eugene Willamette Station 15 minute earlier at 7:15 am.
- Bus 5541 will depart Portland Union Station 1 hour earlier at 6:00 am.
- If you are boarding at Woodburn, Salem or Albany the schedule may have changed. Check Amtrak.com or the Amtrak mobile app prior to travel for updated times.
For updates or more information on the highway construction on I-5 and impact for travel, visit https://www.oregon.gov/odot/projects/pages/projectdetails.aspx?project=19831