Bike Capacity Expanded on Capitol Limited Trains 29 and 30Effective June 3, 2022
Due to high demand, Amtrak is adding bicycle capacity on the Capitol Limited Trains 29 and 30, effective immediately through mid-September.
What You Need to Know
- Each departure will offer 12 spots for bike reservations.
- The route follows two popular biking trails between Washington, DC, and Pittsburgh — the C&O Canal Towpath and the Great Alleghany Passage.
- Bicycle reservations are offered at a flat fare of just $20 and can be made during ticket purchase at Amtrak.com or the Amtrak app.
- On the day of departure, check in with a station agent to get a claim check for your bike. At unstaffed stations — including Harpers Ferry and Cumberland — proceed directly to the platform and check your bike with the conductor upon train arrival.
- Keep your baggage claim check to present at your destination to retrieve your bicycle.