In addition to the amenities you'll enjoy in the Business Class or First Class, your distinctive Acela Express experience features:
- A faster trip with fewer stops
- Newly upgraded Wi-Fi that's 6X faster and more reliable
- At-seat electrical outlets and conference tables
- Adjustable lighting and large tray tables
- Café Acela
Even more enhanced accommodations and superior service await in Acela Express First Class:
- Complimentary at-seat meal service (breakfast, lunch and dinner selections)
- Complimentary beverages
- Hot towel service
- Access to ClubAcela lounges and more
Amtrak Alerts Information and updates affecting travel
- Acela Express Train 2252: Schedule Change Between New York and Boston
- Effective December 17, 2017
Features & Amenities
Take your small dog or cat along with you on the train. Before you go, learn more about the types of pets allowed, pet reservations and fares, approved pet carriers and additional details.
Boston, MassachusettsBoston - South Station
Catch colonial fever in the place where it all began. Follow in the steps of our nation’s forefathers along the Freedom Trail and explore historical icons such as the Old State House and the Old North Church.
Grab some clam chowder or molasses baked beans at Quincy Market or stop in a charming ristorante in Little Italy. Then catch the “T” to Cambridge to experience the eclectic energy of Harvard Square.
New York, New YorkNew York - Penn Station
The City that Never Sleeps invites you to catch a show, walk the High Line’s elevated urban oasis or stroll the Brooklyn Bridge. Explore Central Park on bike or marvel at the metropolis from the top of the Empire State Building. Catch a ferry to Lady Liberty and then explore your roots at Ellis Island.
Experience great art and architecture at the Guggenheim or stare at the stars at the Hayden Planetarium.
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaPhiladelphia - 30th Street Station
Art, history, science and gastronomy blend beautifully in the City of Brotherly Love. Tour Independence Hall, where history was made with the stroke of many pens. Walk the narrow, cobblestone streets where our forefathers pondered the path to liberty.
Visit the Franklin Institute where its namesake inspires today’s scientists or check out the world-class collections of the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Then treat your taste buds to cheesesteaks, hoagies and cannoli at the Reading Terminal Market.
Washington, DCWashington, DC - Union Station
Arrive in D.C.’s magnificent Union Station and set off to discover the city by foot, bike or Metro. Tour the monuments and museums of the National Mall, including the new National Museum of African American History and Culture.
Enjoy the organic beauty of the National Botanic Gardens or bike the towpaths of the old C&O Canal or miles of trails along the Potomac River. Marvel at the magnificent architecture of the Library of Congress, the Supreme Court and of course, the U.S. Capitol.
- Boston, MA - South Station (BOS)
- Boston, MA - Back Bay Station (BBY)
- Route 128, MA (RTE)
- Providence, RI - Amtrak/T Station (PVD)
- New London, CT - Union Station (NLC)
- New Haven, CT - Union Station (NHV)
- Stamford, CT (STM)
- New York, NY - Penn Station (NYP)
- Newark, NJ - Penn Station (NWK)
- Metropark, NJ (MET)
- Trenton, NJ (TRE)
- Philadelphia, PA - 30th Street Station (PHL)
- Wilmington, DE (WIL)
- Baltimore, MD - Penn Station (BAL)
- Baltimore, MD - BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI)
- Washington, DC - Union Station (WAS)