2019 Renewal Work
Amtrak recently completed its second phase of renewal work, rehabilitating tracks 15, 18 and 19, five turnouts in “C” interlocking, one turnout in “KN” interlocking and six turnouts in “JO” interlocking. With these projects now complete, Amtrak continues its commitment to its customers and commuters of improving New York Penn Station’s infrastructure operations, performance and reliability.
What’s next for infrastructure renewal?
Infrastructure renewal work continues through 2019. Amtrak crews are currently working to renew track 17 at New York Penn Station. This work is taking place now through March 3.
What does this mean for my commute?
If you're an Amtrak customer, your commute will remain the same as there will be no change to Amtrak train service. If you're a commuter rail passenger, check with NJ TRANSIT and/or LIRR for any possible services changes.
How do I stay informed?
To check the status of your train or to modify existing reservations, visit Amtrak.com or the Amtrak mobile app.
We Value Your Opinion
Provide feedback at Amtrak.com/contact.
- Amtrak Resumes Service of Four Popular Train Routes at New York Penn Station
- Amtrak Announces Summer 2018 Infrastructure Renewal Work
- Amtrak Begins Next Phase of Infrastructure Renewal at New York Penn Station
- Infrastructure Renewal at New York Penn Station FAQ - December 2017
- Amtrak Continues Next Phase of New York Penn Station Infrastructure Renewal Work
- NY Penn Station Track Map
- A Guide to Key Railroad Terminology
Hint: Check your caps lock as passwords are case sensitive. Passwords should be at least 10 characters long and include 1 uppercase and 1 lowercase alpha character, 1 number and 1 special character. ! " # $ % & ' ( ) * + , - . / : ; < = > ? @ [ \ ] ^ _ ` < | > ~
Enter your account email address to receive password reset instructions.
Thank you. An email with password reset instructions is on its way.
That answer wasn’t correct either. We’ve sent you an email with instructions to reset your password instead.