Now it's even easier to leave your car at home when you travel — Amtrak route and schedule information is now available in the Google Transit Trip Planner. With the trip planner you can plan your trip from point A to point B, complete with step-by-step directions, station information and schedules.
Information for five routes is now available in the planner, with more routes across the country to be added over time.
- Empire Service (New York - Albany - Buffalo - Niagara Falls
- Ethan Allen Express (New York - Albany - Rutland)
- Hiawatha Service (Chicago - Milwaukee)
- Pacific Surfliner (San Diego - Los Angeles - Santa Barbara - San Luis Obispo)
- San Joaquin (Oakland - Sacramento - Fresno - Bakersfield)
How Does the Planner Work?
Google Transit Trip Planner provides users with multiple transit options to get to their destination. Included is the amount of time each option will take, the number and mode of transfers and even walking directions to the destination.
If Amtrak is an option, a link to Amtrak.com will appear so users may make a train reservation. Street view imagery shows ground-level images of the route, in addition to a map. Query results also provide information for transferring from Amtrak to the local transit system.
Print your trip plan and take with you or go paperless and access your directions from your mobile phone.
You can also gather information about your destination before you get there: see hours, addresses, reviews and more for attractions and businesses. And check out Street View for 360 degree ground-level photos of your destination, so you can more easily find your way once you leave the station.
- Try out the Trip Planner and start preparing for your journey today.