Force Majeure Event
Amtrak may, in the event of a force majeure event, without notice, cancel, terminate, divert, postpone or delay any train or the right of carriage without liability except to issue a refund. The refund will be made in the original form of payment in accordance with refund rules for any unused portion of the ticket.
Force Majeure Event means:
- Any condition beyond Amtrak's control including, but without limitation, meteorological conditions, acts of nature, riots, civil commotion, embarges, wars, hostilities, or distrubances - actual, threatened, or reported. Also, because of any delay, demand, circumstances or requirement due, directly or indirectly to such conditions, or
- Any strike, work stoppage, slowdown, lockout or any other labor related dispute involving or affecting Amtrak's services, or
- Any government regulation, demand or requirement, or
- Any shortage of labor, fuel or facilities of Amtrak or others, or
- Any fact not reasonably foreseen, anticipated or predicted by Amtrak.