No Smoking Policy Aboard Auto Train
Effective June 1, 2013
To provide a healthier environment on the train for passengers and employees, smoking will not be permitted aboard the Auto Train effective June 1, 2013. Smoking will be prohibited in all areas of the train including the Lounge car, Food Service car and Coach and Sleeping cars.
This policy also prohibits the use of medical marijuana and electronic smoking devices such as electronic cigarettes aboard the train.
Smoking Stop at Florence, SC
- Passengers will be permitted to get off the train and smoke in Florence, SC, when the train stops for servicing.
- Florence is not an Auto Train station stop, so passengers aboard Trains 52 and 53 cannot board or detrain at this location.
- The scheduled smoking stop times at Florence are listed below:
- Northbound Train 52: From approximately 12:30 am until 12:45 am.
- Southbound Train 53: From approximately 11:45 pm until 11:59 pm.
- Passengers should remain in the immediate area of the train, ready to reboard immediately upon hearing the verbal boarding calls from members of the train crew.
- Smoking stops may be shortened or eliminated entirely if the train is operating late.
Thank you for traveling with Amtrak. We appreciate your patronage. For more information on the Smoking Policy, visit Amtrak.com, call 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245) or speak with a station employee.
Join us on facebook.com/Amtrak. Follow us on twitter.com/Amtrak.
PSN 0313-41 (Updated 3/26/13)