California college students, you'll love this math. You can take 20% off select California routes including the San Joaquin and Pacific Surfliner. This great deal is available for purchase until June 10, 2014.
Compared to auto and airplane travel, Amtrak is a greener way to go, helping you do your part in leaving a smaller carbon footprint. It's also a more connected way to travel, with a pace that lets you relax comfortably and catch up with friends, or just take in the scenery. You'll never have to sit in a traffic jam, wait in endless security lines or rush for a connection.
So plan your next adventure, or just visit home.
- Exclusively available on Amtrak.com via the Amtrak California web site.
- Valid for 20% off the regular (full) adult rail fare.
- Valid for sale August 1, 2013 - June 10, 2014.
- Valid for travel September 3, 2013 - June 13, 2014.
- Advance reservations are required a minimum of three (3) days prior to travel.
- Blackout dates:
- October 11, 2013
- November 26 - 27, 2013
- November 30, 2013
- December 1, 2013
- January 3 - 5, 2014
- February 17, 2014
- April 17 - 18, 2014
- April 21, 2014
- May 23, 2014
- Valid for travel on the Pacific Surfliner, San Joaquin and associated thruway service including Merced to Yosemite. All other 7000-8999 thruways are prohibited for travel.
- Valid for students attending the following colleges and universities only: California State University (Bakersfield, Fresno, Sacramento Fullerton, Channel Islands and Stanislaus), Fresno City College, California Polytechnical State University, University of California (Merced, Irvine, Santa Barbara, San Diego and Los Angeles), University of the Pacific, San Diego State University, University of Southern California, San Francisco State University, Sacramento City College and Santa Barbara City College.
- Valid student identification must be presented from one of the applicable colleges or universities upon request.
- Valid for coach seats. Upgrade to Business Class is available upon payment of applicable accommodation charges.
- Seating is limited; seats may not be available on all trains at all times.
- Not valid toward the purchase of multi-ride tickets.
- Subject to any restrictions, blackouts and refund rules that apply to the type of fare purchased and upon which the discount is based.
- Fares, routes and schedules are subject to change without notice.
- Not combinable with any other discount offer.
- Once travel has begun, no changes to the itinerary are permitted.
- Other restrictions may apply.