California college students, you'll love this math. You can take 20% off select California routes including the San Joaquin and Pacific Surfliner. This great deal is available for purchase until June 13, 2013.
Amtrak is a greener way to go, helping you do your part in leaving a smaller carbon footprint. It's also a more connected way to travel, with a pace that lets you relax comfortably and catch up with friends, or just take in the scenery. You'll never have to sit in a traffic jam, wait in endless security lines or rush for a connection.
So plan your next adventure, or just a visit home.
- Valid for 20% off the regular (full) adult rail fare.
- Valid for sale August 1, 2012 - June 13, 2013.
- Valid for travel September 4, 2012 - June 16, 2013.
- Reservations are exclusively available on Amtrak.com via the Amtrak California web site.
- Advance reservations are required a minimum of three (3) days prior to travel for all service (including unreserved).
- Valid for travel on the San Joaquin, Pacific Surfliner and associated thruway service including Merced to Yosemite. All other 7000-8999 thruways are prohibited for travel.
- Valid for students attending the following colleges and universities only: California State University (Bakersfield, Fresno, Sacramento and Stanislaus), Fresno City College, California Polytechnical State University, University of California (Merced, Irvine, Santa Barbara and Los Angeles), University of the Pacific, University of Southern California, San Francisco State University, San Diego State University, Santa Barbara City College and Sacramento City College.
- Valid student identification must be presented from one of the applicable colleges or universities upon request.
- Valid for coach seats. Upgrade to Business Class is available upon payment of applicable accommodation charges.
- Seating is limited; seats may not be available on all trains at all times.
- Not valid toward the purchase of multi-ride tickets.
- Subject to any restrictions, blackouts and refund rules that apply to the type of fare purchased and upon which the discount is based.
- Blackout dates:
- October 5, 2012
- November 20 - 21 and 24 - 26, 2012
- December 20 - 23 and 26 - 30, 2012
- January 2, 2013
- February 15 and 18, 2013
- April 1, 2013
- May 24, 2013
- Fares, routes and schedules are subject to change without notice.
- Not combinable with any other discount offer.
- Once travel has begun, no changes to the itinerary are permitted.
- Other restrictions may apply.