Amtrak will monitor seating of passengers to ensure compliance with the following policies:
- Each passenger paying a fare will be entitled to a seat, to the extent coach seats are available.
- Passengers are entitled to one seat per fare, to ensure other paying passengers are not excluded.
- Unless specific seats are assigned, seating is on a first come - first served basis. On unreserved trains there are no guaranteed seats.
- Seating arrangements will be made without regard to race, color, gender, creed or national origin.
- Amtrak reserves the right, whenever operating conditions require, to transfer passengers from one car or train to another en route.