If you are using a screen reader to access this site for employment with Amtrak, please call (888) 474-2685 for assistance.
Amtrak trains connect businesses and communities across the country and move America’s workforce toward the future. Amtrak employs more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. We seek qualified, dedicated professionals with demonstrated work experience and/or relevant skills to join our team.
The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Your success is just a train ride away. Search jobs now or learn more about veteran career opportunities.
Helpful Tips for Using the Careers Website
- Mac users should submit the resumes in Word format.
- You may not be able to access the site when using Google Chrome.
- Disable pop-up blockers.
- You can restrict the search results by specifying search criteria.
- You can search on a position number or keyword, or simply click on 'Search' to view all jobs.
- An activation e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address that you supplied when creating your profile. You must click on the link provided in this e-mail to activate your registration. Check your inbox and spam folders for e-mail from email@example.com.
- If there is information you want us to consider, be sure it is in your application. A resume is not a substitute for a thorough and complete application.
- To ensure your application is considered for the job to which you are applying, once the application is complete, click 'Save' and then 'Submit Application.'
- If you are experiencing technical difficulties, please send a detailed e-mail to AmtrakCareers@amtrak.com for assistance. Resumes cannot be accepted through e-mail and questions related to the status of your application will not be answered.
Amtrak does not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on an individual’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran’s status. Amtrak administers its hiring, discipline, promotion, compensation, benefits, training and all other company activities in compliance with this policy.